• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Madeira Thread

Suz

Embroidery People,

What thread do you like the best? For years, my favorite has been Madeira. I like Isacord too, almost equally. What made Madeira win in the past, was the wider color selection, and the thread storage chests that Madeira had for the smaller 1100 cones.

However, I'm having to make a new choice on how I'll store my thread, because Madeira recently changed their smaller spool shape to something they call the "mini snap cone" my small Madeira spools won't fit in the storage chests. When I have something that works well, I hate to change!!! This is the same great thread, but my thead storage chests will have to go now! :frustrated:
Madeira USA Launches the Mini Snap Cone: 1,100 Yards of Color, Ease and Function | Madeira

Anybody have any tips on what they have found store the new Madeira mini snap cones in? Something cheap that keeps the thread out of the light and dust free? Just fishing for ideas here. I don't want to invest in brand new thread cabinets again.

WildWestDesigns

I'm more of a Hemingworth fan myself and you can only get those in the small cones, but I do use Madeira's larger cones.

As far as storage of the smaller cones, I just use those cheap plastic "cabinets" that have 3 or more drawers (depending if I want them on the table or on rollers) and I sort by color. Keeps the light and dust off of them and certainly cheaper then what it would cost for Madeira specific storage containers. Very easy to tuck out of the way when I don't need to use them anymore.

binki

Our storage is a sunglasses holder from Long's Drugs when they went out of business. It has 2 rotating columns with plastic spines that stick out to hold the glasses, er thread.

Suz

Thanks Guys! Great ideas, I'll have to shop for some cheap or free thread storage containers now. did pick up a great cabinet on Craigslist a couple months back, my thread storage chests from Maderia fit neatly in one section of the cabinet. I guess I could also think of a way to build something into that cabinet that will accomodate the new thread spools. I'll take a pic so you can see how I store my thread now, if I remember :)