• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta dries very slowly

jim_papa

Hello

I have Mutoh 1324
The magenta ink dries very slowly. Until it reaches the material on role has not dried to result sticks and spoils the printing.
Only with magenta I have this problem.
My heats are very good and I'm printing 10m/h with 6 passes. If I try on 4 passes and 15m/h the splatter is much bigger.

I wonder if the magenta channel runs more ink than it should

Do you have any ideas about that?

Thanks

floater302

It has to be putting down more magenta, If any color is tacky to me its always the black, i would somehow adjust the magenta.

jim_papa

I am sorry for not answering...
I use Onyx rip center and I print at 720x1080 6 passes bidirectional.
If i use 720x720 4 passes the problem is worst...

I tryied to modify magenta color with ink restriction menu but I didn't get the result i was expecting

trimitbyrich

Have the same problem. We found that if you turn up the print interval to .5 it helps give the ink time to dry before it goes on the take up reel. The interval makes the head stop for half a second before it starts back across the media. You can always adjust it a little higher to slow it down even more. The prints take a little longer but hey, it's better than tossing out media.

Umca

Best solution will be write new profile. For best result on 720x1080 resolution is use variable dot family (VSD3), Interlace pass 2, and Fine and Fog 3 wave.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What kind of ink are you using? If you are using OEM inks, you probably have a bad profile. If you are using 3rd party inks, it could also be the inks. On any ValueJet I have ever worked on, the ink is dry 2 seconds after coming off the platen.

jim_papa

I' m using 3rd party inks. I had the original UMS without ink problem but i was having problems until I replace the prinhead.
With interval setting i must delay more than 3 sec. and again without the best results.
I believe that the inks have the problem. But I'm searching if I can fix it. That's why I'm asking from all of you If you having any solution...

Thanks for any help...

Asad110

My suggestion for you is to use additional heater with the printer, then you would have no problem even you run printer @ 4 pass.