• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Magenta Head Missfiring

Alan Menhennet

Hi

We have a second hand Mimaki CJV30-160BS. We do our cleaning on a regular basis and the printer runs very well. We start each morning with a quick clean and test print. Test prints are fine, but as soon as we have to print anything red or orange half of the head drops out/misfires. we can clearly see lines and an off colour.
As soon as I stop it and do a test print, half the magenta on the left is gone. One hard clean and it comes back. But as soon as I have to print about 5cm or more of Red/Orange it stops drops out again.
I am not sure if its the head or the dampers. I dont want to buy a new head when its just the dampers, or even something else. Its always just bottom half on the left hand side of the test print (Magenta only)
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20180507_162342_1_resized_20180709_104834908.jpg
    IMG_20180507_162342_1_resized_20180709_104834908.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 561

Pitzu

Hi Alan,

start by changing the damper. Do this with the printer unplugged from the mains, and after you've discarded the remaining electricity in the printer (switch ON the power button for 2-3 seconds and then OFF).
Make sure you have a clean cloth around, to protect the printhead area from ink spill, when changing the damper. You don't want spilled ink to get in the electrical connectors and make short circuit.
Check so you don't have air in the ink lines.