• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Magenta line not printing on Mimaki CJV30-160

flatbloke

Southampton sign maker
Hello All

My Mimaki CJV30-160 is not working properly.
When I do a test print one line of magenta does not print.
I have tested the lines etc and ink is coming through.
The head has been replaced since.
The Slider board has ben replaced since.
This just leaves the main board.
This has been ordered through digi print supplies.
After numerous calls, all I get is the part has been delayed, your eta is in 4 days.
This must be my 15th call to them now. Getting very concerned.
Does anyone know of a UK supplier from where I could purchase one please.
I can't keep out sourcing print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
1 magenta channel failing on the CJV30 is a fairly common issue. It's usually fixed by changing the cap top and cap top slider. The older the machine the more likely that is the case.

flatbloke

Southampton sign maker
I have switched the cyan and magenta channels on the head to see if this is the case. it is definitely not the capping station.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
To be honest I can't remember what the engineer said. but I did question it.

I've worked on the CJV30 model in the field since it was released and have helped people troubleshoot that model all over the country. Not once in 10 years has a single channel failed electronically. It's always ink flow. Normally when a head fails electronically it either stops firing at all in every channel or it fires long streaks of color across the print no matter what. In the case of the CJV30 and the single magenta channel not firing, it's almost always either a bad damper, bad connection between the damper and ink line, broken manifold, and/or a bad cap top and cap top slider. If it's the left magenta channel that isn't firing, it's almost always a cap top and slider that fixes it.