• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta spray when testing

deejayjomo

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any reason why the magenta head would spray when doing test prints, I've printed these bi and uni directional, the uni directional is far better, but still has slight spraying. When I print the test for bi direction prints, all the fine lines are perfect for the other 5 colours, but with the magenta they are quite blurry.

This is strange as when I do a printhead test... everything is total perfect.

Also I done a head soak by filling up the capping stations with cleaning fluid & letting the heads soak over night (this problem was still the same before hand) when I filled all the capping stations up, they all kept full except the magenta as if it was drawing the fluid down. Does this mean a leak at some point.

I've attached a 2 images of a test print, this has been taken from an Iphone so not very clear, I will take better pics later tonight.

If anyone has any idea that would be fantastic.

Thanks again, Jamie :)

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 91

J Hill Designs

I would think that it indirectly would affect it - not getting new ink because of pump tube failure could cause the ink to dry in the nozzles - causing the deflections you see

deejayjomo

When I run a standard test print this fires perfectly onto the vinyl though... that's the confusing part, I have ordered new caps tonight along with another few bits and bobs, do you know if the caps can be removed whilst in maintenance mode? as I don't have a Roland Cap unwind tool? Thanks again you've been great

toli13

Unfortunal I'm no tech. So don't know how a broken pump tube looks like. But as I see, you've printed a linearisation chart. May be, the magenta channel lays down much to much ink? May be, this over-saturation of magenta results in this bleeding effect. As your pics are not very crisp, it's difficult to make a diagnosis. Just an idea, as you said, that the test print is perfect. What does happen, if you print a 100 % magenta square with a correct media set? Does it look like the lin chart?
Tilo

deejayjomo

That was the before image, it's not over saturating the media as when I do a standard tests via the printer it's self (not including the print head test) the printed lines for magenta comes out very fizzy/blurry but all the other channels are perfect, but when I do a standard print head test all the lines are lay down perfect for magento, I've got the after image here where I've adjusted the Linearization it does make a difference but still not perfect, I think it has to do with the cap head leaking or drawing in air as the prints start perfect... but then become blurry by the end of the image or text when printed.