• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnet Cutting

morty87

Hello, wondering if anyone knows the best machine to use for cutting custom designed magnets. I have a cricut but it can only cut 11.5-24" lengths at a time so extremely time consuming if order is over 10. lol

Any help with a different solution would be appreciated. I have a kona 1400 cutter but I don't think it is appropriate for this sort of application. The magnet material is all 30 mil an on a roll by 24"

Thank you

myront

CorelDRAW is best
This is my design and was trying to find a manufacturer for a prototype.
upload_2018-7-18_14-35-25.png

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Problem with most is they work from an unknown center i.e. cutting a circle from any "blank" material. We need something that we can line up to printed vinyl that's applied to magnetic. You can't print a dot at the center but you can print an outer "bleed" circle which can be used to line it up before making the cut.
Also most are only good to about 6" diameter. Most of our magnets are 8". My design would be from something like 3" - 18" diameter.

2B

the best "tool" is a flatbed cutter. as stated this is a COSTLY expense.

you can use a roll feed plotter, just make sure you don't overload the motor as magnets are heavy.

would suggest looking at some of the wholesale vendors as they offer contoured cutting for magnets and by the time you calculate time and labor, they are usually cheaper.