• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Main Board From Mutoh RJ900C to RJ900X

OLE

Is it possible to use MB from older DrafStation model RJ900C in newer model RJ900X?
Original RJ900X MB is dead and parameters cannot be downloaded.
What should I do after replacement MB installation, which prm file should be uploaded?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have never personally done this but the only difference between the RJ900C and RJ900X is a firmware change so technically I would assume it's possible. Some Mutoh boards block you from going from one version to a different one but since it's still the RJ900 I would think that would work. If you can't get the parameters off the old board, you just need to start from scratch and do all of the alignments and heat settings again.

henryp

Is it possible to use MB from older DrafStation model RJ900C in newer model RJ900X?
Original RJ900X MB is dead and parameters cannot be downloaded.
What should I do after replacement MB installation, which prm file should be uploaded?

This is why it is good practice the save the .prm file of the printer during install