• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Makeing This Decal

Purser

Trying to figure out how to make this decal with the different colors underneath the lettering. Anyone got any ideas? I know how to do the layering but is there a different way of doing this one? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• il_570xN_1017065991_kt1o.jpg
    il_570xN_1017065991_kt1o.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 303

AKwrapguy

Not sure what your asking here? Are you asking how to apply it? How to create it in the software? How to produce it? What are your capabilities as a shop, what type of equipment are you working with?

Pippin Decals

Thats simple actually.Just make a white border and then cut and apply the colors over the top to give it the look.Or make a white border and then Do a back minus front to make a punch out and then apply the colors inside the cut out squares to keep it more flat.. Other wise if you dont want a white background as in the sample given from other post, just cut each color out and put it on lol.. How much knowledge do you actually have in doing decals? It cant get no easier than this design unless you have no experience at all..

Purser

Not sure what your asking here? Are you asking how to apply it? How to create it in the software? How to produce it? What are your capabilities as a shop, what type of equipment are you working with?
Thats simple actually.Just make a white border and then cut and apply the colors over the top to give it the look.Or make a white border and then Do a back minus front to make a punch out and then apply the colors inside the cut out squares to keep it more flat.. Other wise if you dont want a white background as in the sample given from other post, just cut each color out and put it on lol.. How much knowledge do you actually have in doing decals? It cant get no easier than this design unless you have no experience at all..
Well actually sir, I am new at this. I am working with Flexi 8.1 on windows 8, and the cutter is Vinyl Express Q42. I do appreciate your input. I know I don't know it all and never will, I thought I might ask for a little help on doing the different colors of this decal because I could not understand how exactly to put it all together. Again thanks for your input!

AKwrapguy

Do you have a printer? You could just print the different colors with a bleed and than plot it. If you don't have a printer than you cut out the whole sticker in white. Each of the white dashes are going to be a placeholder for each color so I would suggest getting a blade and cutting the center out and only leaving the ends to make it easier to line things up. Now you cut each color in the logo, use clear pre-mask to line them up to the corresponding white dash. Apply just the middle, than carefully pull up one side and remove the white vinyl from behind and than lay down that side of the colored vinyl, than pick up the other side of the colored vinyl and remove the white and lay down that side of the colored vinyl. Repeat for each color. Once this is done pre-mask the whole thing and now your ready to apply the whole sticker.

This is how I would do it.

Purser

Do you have a printer? You could just print the different colors with a bleed and than plot it. If you don't have a printer than you cut out the whole sticker in white. Each of the white dashes are going to be a placeholder for each color so I would suggest getting a blade and cutting the center out and only leaving the ends to make it easier to line things up. Now you cut each color in the logo, use clear pre-mask to line them up to the corresponding white dash. Apply just the middle, than carefully pull up one side and remove the white vinyl from behind and than lay down that side of the colored vinyl, than pick up the other side of the colored vinyl and remove the white and lay down that side of the colored vinyl. Repeat for each color. Once this is done pre-mask the whole thing and now your ready to apply the whole sticker.

This is how I would do it.
Thank you so much for the reply. That helped me out a lot!

equippaint

Id apply the white, then layer/apply each color wet over the white. Just eyeball it and slide it around to center it. Alot easier than trying to cut it out or apply it dry on a table. Then when the white shrinks there wont be a gap between the color either.
Id really actually print it. Wouldnt want to buy 4 rolls of color for 1 .5x1 square if I didnt already have it.