• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making cable loops/clamps

10sacer

I do most of the signage for 22 area YMCA branches and they have a need for loop cable assemblies of various lengths depending on install location. I need to be able to make the cables on site as they literally stand there and say up or down to determine finished height.

Are there any sort of mini cable clamps with allen keys such as these (see photos) I have found in Europe that can make this easier than lugging the crimping tool and trying to crimp those mini ferrules from Lowes?

Two of the images use allen keys and the one with diagram is an actual compression system that looks pretty neat.

Using 1/32" steel wire

Thanks

Attachments

• img_0802water.jpg
    img_0802water.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,441
  • step.jpg
    step.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 758
  • prd4ae2d1e4-d0cc-4f99-b677-916f53f8f620.jpg
    prd4ae2d1e4-d0cc-4f99-b677-916f53f8f620.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 343

unclebun

I get a catalog periodically that has all that kind of stuff in it. I've used it doing installs in department stores (that the stuff was all shipped in and we just put up.) Now if only I could remember who sends the catalogs (which I always throw away because I never buy that kind of stuff...)

10sacer

I get a catalog periodically that has all that kind of stuff in it. I've used it doing installs in department stores (that the stuff was all shipped in and we just put up.) Now if only I could remember who sends the catalogs (which I always throw away because I never buy that kind of stuff...)

Probably Grainger

unclebun

Kinter.com is the place. They are a retail display company. They have 1/8", 1/16", and 1/32" cable systems, and have several styles of cable loop adjusters. None of theirs use tools to adjust though.