• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making G7 profiles in new Onyx 12.1

Installed 12.1 here and turned on G7 in the reports. Making a new color profile. G7 now shows on the side but is grayed out. Can't print or measure the P2P target. Anyone know why?

YMCK

I Actually had the same issue, I called their support and they told me that the G7 feature has to be purchased separately.

Correct Color

Well, for what it's worth, understand that the actual fact is that G7 is absolutely useless in large format printing. If you had that module and used it, and everything else was equal, you'd see no difference in the final result between a profile you made using it, and one you made not using it.

I Branding

@Correct Color
why is it useless in large format printing? for the last 3 years this consultant to our company has been telling us that we have to get g7 certified before we are considered any good. But not once has anybody shown me much about g7, we do fleets and vehicle wraps all day

Chris...

I obtained G7 certification when I worked for a commercial printing company. In offset printing it is very useful, I can't see it being as useful for a wide format printer. We didn't use it on our wide format inkjets.