• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Margin, space, gap, whatever between prints on both VJ 1304 and RJ-900X

printcleric

Does anyone know of a setting in either of these printers that can alter the distance between prints? I use 4 VJ-1304W-A printers and two of them have a large margin of unused paper between queued jobs and I would like to close that gap as much as possible to save media. 1 of the 3 RJ-900X printers had the same problem, but now as of about a week ago, 2 of them do and I haven't changed any settings. It just started leaving a larger space between prints. I don't think it's the Wasatch SoftRIP software we use as the settings are the same for every printer, some just have a larger gap between prints than others when they come out. Also, the printers with the preferred smaller gap retract a little bit of paper before continuing to the next print. The problematic printers do not, which may be why they leave a much bigger margin. Thanks in advance!