• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mark detect issue with Mimaki CG-160FX

justinwcsp

I'm using a Mimaki CG-160FX with Onyx Cut Server. The plotter fails to find the 3rd crop mark every time, though I can verify the material is loaded straight. You can actually watch the "eye" go right over it but somehow doesn't detect it. I'm trying to cut 3M IJ35 with a matte lamination. Any idea what might be going no here? Thanks!

ChicagoGraphics

When ever that happeneds to me, I just shut down the cutter for 30 seconds then turn it back on and it seems to find the targets.

AnimalG82

I have that problem when loading sheets and there isn't enough slack material at the top or bottom for the rollers.

Snydo

My rule of thumb is the outside pinch rollers need to be at least 3/8" outside my crops, at least a 1" lead in front of the print and 3 to 4 in the back. Do I use slightly more material? YES....do I ever waste hours trying to plot something that should take a mnute or two? Almost never.

Also try moving the piece left or right and try different roller positions, don't ask my why this sometimes does the trick, but it does.

iSign

I've had to dim the light at times, when a reflection could interfere with mark recognition on different media, lam or lighting circumstances