• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marketing - Driving Orders Through Websites

jkdbjj

Hi, so I've spent a ton of time since my spine broke studying efforts online to drive business through our company websites.
I find the topic can be so complicated for busy Sign Owners that an article of the top topics would be helpful and might help start conversations to educate each other. I could post the whole article here or just link to it.

***IT IS NOT SELLING ANYTHING, it is just starting conversation for those interested.
SIGN COMPANY WEBSITES THAT DRIVE NEW ORDERS

Here are the Steps Discussed in the article:
STEP 1: Is Google That Important?
STEP 2: Specify Where Your Audience Is.
STEP 3: Choosing Keywords
STEP 4: Figuring Out What Makes “Good” Content.
STEP 5: Can You Get Others Online To Agree Your Content Is Good?
STEP 6: Final Tips and Tying It Altogether!

Last edited:

jkdbjj

In all honestly it's hard to gauge how many Sign shops are going it alone or hiring out.

Thoughts?

Johnny Best

Does your Visual Impact have a website now, because when you google that name a lot of sign companies come up.

jkdbjj

Let's see how high your ranking gets with your link back to your website.

I hate when people try to be slick about their true intentions.
My website is already top ranked. I don't need a link from signs101.

I could have made a huge long post just as well.

Some people are just cynical.

I've helped several companies for free on this site and never asked for a dime.

I've sponsored this site before as well.

So get over yourself.

jkdbjj

I broke my back last summer too..... and had some extra time on my hands, but I didn't do anything such as you tackled here. Anyway, I only read a few sentences and found it a tedious read, not to mention..... 'OVERSEA' ?? I didn't bother proofing any further, but someone in the communications business, should have someone look something like this over to proof it, before making mistakes like that on a published blog.
I don't have an editor at this time. Hopefully they would have caught that mistake. Oversea, yikes.
I enjoy writing, so I write. I did edit it of course over and over but stuff slips by I suppose.

For someone currently working or struggling to understand websites for their small business this article would be swallowed up.
But for others it's just tedious tech jargon. I respect that. It's all perspective I think.

I've been taken to the cleaners by ad agencies so I decided to go to school myself and now I just enjoy helping others when I can.

Anyways, perhaps I should just remove it altogether. Was only meant to help anyone stuck in certain situations.

Last edited:

Johnny Best

You can link your website on here, a lot of people have it, does not bother me, I enjoy looking at them or the google map where they are located. They have them in the location tab, but you probably already know this.

jkdbjj

You can link your website on here, a lot of people have it, does not bother me, I enjoy looking at them or the google map where they are located. They have them in the location tab, but you probably already know this.
Lots has changed from a few years ago on here. I'm just getting back to full time work again so I am not up on what's allowed or not at this time.
Thanks for the info.

It was just the idea that I think a link from the forum is why I wrote the article is silliness. You didn't insinuate that but the other poster did.

Anyway, I agree with you I love looking at sites and think it's important to have one that performs.

I enjoy helping people for the pure joy of helping. Hence my post on here purposely because people email questions to me. I enjoy getting them.

Why gain this knowledge and not share it? I don't want to do it for a living, I have signs for that.

jkdbjj

Btw do you have a site?