• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Laminator VT-9600

nolanola

I recently purchased a 65" Master Laminator VT-9600, cold press laminator. I am having a few issues with it and tech support has so far not been of much help so I am hoping someone here has experience with one.

We attempted to apply vinyl onto a small sheet of aluminum with the laminator and noticed that when raising the rubber roller to accommodate that each end of the roller rose at alternating moments. The right would raise first to a certain height, stop, and then the left would raise to that height and above, then stop, and the right side would begin raising again. This machine advertises to accommodate material up to 1.5" thick yet once raised, it is never even. We contacted tech support who told us that the machine must be out of balance and gave us instructions on how to fix it. After several hours attempting to balance there is no change in how the roller raises. In addition if we laminate a sheet of vinyl more than about 6 feet long, wrinkles begin to form in the laminate, starting at one corner, even if the material was loaded taught. Are these problems stemming from is still being imbalanced? Any advice is welcome.

Attached are photos of the machine along with laminated results and the instructions sent over by the tech.

Thank you.

Attachments

• resultoflaminate.JPG
    resultoflaminate.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
  • results.JPG
    results.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 259
  • VT_balance_adjust.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 148
  • wrinkles.JPG
    wrinkles.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • wrinklesforming.JPG
    wrinklesforming.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 184
  • vt9600front.jpg
    vt9600front.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 194

papabud

Lone Wolf
when you see the wrinkles forming on one end. does the other side start to wrinkle also?
it looks like you do have more pressure on one side verse the other which crates extra material and then wrinkles