• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master worf laminator is really p***ing me off. I would steer clear and spend more on

If you are in the market for a laminator I would advise against a Ustech or Master laminator. Mine was great for the first year. I have NEVER left the rolls down overnight and have cleaned them weekly, Honest truth. This thing is really starting to cost me money now and its ticking me off. I called Dave at UStech and he tells me the samething everytime. silvering is normal.. This isnt silvering, silvering would be great compared to what i have. its like the center of the rollers are messed up. The outsides are good.. Center. Junk. I just ruined 16feet of cast prints and cast lam due to this pile...

Attachments

• 13524020_10154186535753382_560318652_o.jpg
    13524020_10154186535753382_560318652_o.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 13548876_10154186535798382_611516537_o.jpg
    13548876_10154186535798382_611516537_o.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 205

Desert_Signs

I've had one for 2+ years. I honestly, no lie, leave the rollers down every day. I've never raised them. I rarely clean my rollers either.

Still laminates just as good as the day I installed it.

I've had one for 2+ years. I honestly, no lie, leave the rollers down every day. I've never raised them. I rarely clean my rollers either.

Still laminates just as good as the day I installed it.
I honestly wonder if it would be better to leave them down... to me it wouldnt allow them to ever droop...

ikarasu

I honestly wonder if it would be better to leave them down... to me it wouldnt allow them to ever droop...

My understanding is that you don't leave them down, because it'll develop a flat spot on the roll... With bad quality rollers, I can see this happening, but a good quality one... it should be fine.

As for the problem with the pics... It looks like the tension isn't tight enough. I've never used your type of laminator though...

does it do it all the time? If so... I'd try sticking something on the back, to give it a bit more of a thickness to it. run it through with some aluminum, or wood, or whatever you have around to thicken it a bit, see if it still does it... could be the middle of the roll isn't as tight as the rest, so it's letting it bubble through.

Is it a laminator with the top roller tension on each side? It could also be one side has more tension than the other.... Again, just throwing ideas out there.

If you've had it for a year without any problems, and now it's starting to have problems... I'm sure you know what your doing though.

FatCat

We've had our AK-600 going on 3+ years now, I clean the rollers every few months with a silicone spray and rag to keep the roller material from drying out and cracking. We do lift our rollers up (usually) when not in use - but we just do it high enough to take pressure off to prevent a flat spot. Never had an issue like that, and in the rare case we have an issue its because we didn't get the material spooled up straight to begin with.

Strange that your laminator would all of a sudden start doing this - almost looks like not enough pressure - but I know that top roller weighs a ton and without tension should be more than plenty to laminate firmly. Is this happening all across, or just in certain spots? Also, are you certain there is no dust in those bubbles? Even the tiniest of dust can cause issues like that - but again, I am not there, so I can't say for sure.

thewvsignguy

Our US Tech has that same problem with anything over 30". 30" is great, I assume the rollers are crowned or warped. I do raise the roller thinking it will get flat spots. So far up or down I have not seen a difference.

@wvsignguy yup same with mine. If I run 27-30 media it's fine. Go out past that and forget about it.. I also believe the rollers are bowed.. I have cared for this identical to the directions and couldn't do anything else if I wanted to maintenance wise.. I was told a new top roller is around 1300 dollars..yeah. no thanks.. I'll be buying a new machine. And more than likely it will be a GFP.

I have tried changing tensions.. I've tried oracle 210, 290, Avery 1040, substance 3620, GF automark etc. No change with using different films, and the tension adjustments made no change either.. I am done wasting lam and scraping prints tho that's for sure.. bad time for it as I am buying a new printer and new summa s2 tomorrow..

twister

Too Much Pressure

This thread has probably been resolved but I have found on my laminator that too much pressure will bow the rollers and lessen the pressure on the middle. When I have had this issue in the past I just lower the pressure until it goes away, but still enough to seal the material. Since pressure is being applied to the rollers on the outer ends too much pressure there will bow the shafts and cause excessive silvering in the middle. I do not have your brand of laminator but this issue is the same on all I have used.