• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master XY-380P & SignGo

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I have basically zero experience with the software or hardware side of things when it comes to cutting vinyl. That being said, I have a Master XY-380P and SignGo.

I'm guessing this is probably a very, very basic setup but functional for small projects...?

I would like to be able to occasionally cut vinyl if needed (for friends, family, personal use) but don't foresee ever using it for "work". Sales isn't something I really want to get into so this isn't a "help me launch a career in vinyl" thread. I just want to better understand what I have and what it's capable of, if I should upgrade software, etc.

I have yet to do a search, but am about to. I'm sure that will reveal some more info. Just wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks,
Moze

401Graphics

I started with that exact system, used it for 4 years (and I still have it in storage), Made lots of money with it. Its not bad system at all. I mean the cutter will eventually have issues. Like my down arrow button doesnt work on it anymore, but it isnt needed anyways. I had signgo pro. and it does pretty much anything you need it to do. It def does more than other cheap programs ive seen.

I upgraded to a graphtec a few years ago, and the graphtec is soooooo much faster and more accurate (not to mention a lot quieter)

CP Signs

When I had my xy 380p and signgo, I used to designs everything in Corel Draw, export as an .eps open it in signgo and cut. Did it for years.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Sounds like it will work fine for my needs then.

What I don't have a clue about is how exactly they cut based on the file. ie: Does it just recognize/cut on every line shown or do you have to indicate somehow where cuts are to be made?

CP Signs

Like 401Graphics said,,, they are loud!!! Couldn't hear nothing on the phone when it was cutting. I also bought a Graphtec fc8000. What a difference. But also, $6000 compare to $350.