• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

material collector for vp540i.

bolets

When we print and or cut we get loads of material on the floor. Sometimes it smudges off colour or gets wrinkled. How do you collect the material? We dont wanna watch the machine the whole time.

//Bolets

Gene@mpls

This is the catch basket for my laminator but I have the same for the front
and rear of my VP540. You would want to make sure your ink is drying fast
enough to eliminate prints fusing together. Looking at the photo- this is the
Mark I configuration with my 42" laminator- the legs of the basket now hinge
on the legs of the machine so that it can be easily flipped up and down for
access to the rear of the machine. I could take a pict of the printer basket
if you would like.

Attachments

• catch basket.jpg
    catch basket.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 64

gnatt66

mine is ghetto. when i have prints that are long enough, i lay down a clean towel, tape a empty roll to it and wind as needed.

PIA, but with the space i have, unless i get a take up reel ( and i'll get an in house laminator WAY before that) it's what i gotta do.

animenick65

Even with a catch basket, aren't you guys getting the faces of prints stuck to eachother? I made a small catch "box" if you will and ours are still getting stuck to eachother.

Salmoneye

my XC came with a take up reel and I'm glad that it did because I probably would have been too cheap to pop for the extra couple grand.

mac_man_luke

take up reel is the best investment you will make :)

Very few jobs have i printed and not used it - disadvantage is if you have a print and cut machine you cant use it

Gene@mpls

Even with a catch basket, aren't you guys getting the faces of prints stuck to eachother? I made a small catch "box" if you will and ours are still getting stuck to eachother.

That can be a function of your ink / profile. I use Triangle inx that seem to dry
faster than eco-sol and profile in house to control the ink limits while still getting
great color. Also have a small (8") fan blowing across the vinyl out of the printer
to aid drying.

animenick65

That can be a function of your ink / profile. I use Triangle inx that seem to dry
faster than eco-sol and profile in house to control the ink limits while still getting
great color. Also have a small (8") fan blowing across the vinyl out of the printer
to aid drying.

Nothing I've tried has worked so far. I brought my profile down to 150% ink instead of 220. I'm having prints stick to the front of others even hours after printing. Could be this different material we are printing on. Maybe a small bump in heater settings are in order.

Gene@mpls

A custom built profile is better than tweaking canned ones of course, If you
are using Roland spot color replacement, I think the rip does not use the
profile. In any case if it is tacky for over a few minutes, something is drastically
wrong.

animenick65

A custom built profile is better than tweaking canned ones of course, If you
are using Roland spot color replacement, I think the rip does not use the
profile. In any case if it is tacky for over a few minutes, something is drastically
wrong.

Custom profile is the next step. I wouldn't call the ink tacky. Doesn't stick to anything else other than a printed surface.