• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for racing ATV

unclebun

Wrap vinyl might last about 30 seconds in a race. Not to mention it doesn't stick to the plastic ATV's are made of. It used to be a mystery what to use for this application, but now all the manufacturers have vinyls made specifically for motocross bike and ATV plastics (Low Surface Energy) and the necessary thick laminates (12 mil or 15 mil) are common.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
What material do you guys recommend for printing ATV sticker kits out on? A perm. cast vinyl like Orajet 3951?

We can send you a sample roll, 54”x5’ to play with. Air release vinyl, permanent adheisve, repositionable. Just pay $10 for shipping. PM for more information. Nice day.

echeverrit

What material do you guys recommend for printing ATV sticker kits out on? A perm. cast vinyl like Orajet 3951?
General Formulations 235 MOTOMARK GRIP 4 MIL
  • 4 mil premium flexible matte white PVC vinyl with Bond LSE adhesive
  • Unique "High Bond" acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive formulated to adhere to low energy surfaces that prevent challenges for adhesion
  • Flexible vinyl provides ultimate performance in applications such as ATV's, Sleds, Motocross, Powersport Vehicles, Helmets, Watercrafts and Carts where adhesion and durability is a must
  • General Formulations recommmends laminating with GF 238 MotoMark 12mil "ARMOR"
  • Print Compatibility: Thermal, Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV and Latex

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
General Formulations or we've had some luck with Arlon DPF8000. The problem with the thicker stuff is cutting it. Really hard unless you have a flatbed cutter. We've had some luck putting our Summa between two work tables and letting the material slide between the tables.

sewfun52

Has anybody had any success cutting the General Formulations 235 MOTOMARK GRIP 4 MIL with the
GF 238 MOTOMARK™ "ARMOR" UV LAMINATE. I use a Roland VersaCamm and even going around it several times it seldom cuts clear through. Does it cut better on a standard roll cutter/plotter - I've got a Graphtec but haven't tried using the cutter on this product. Too bad it's PVC, I'd love to laser it...