• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material for Wooden Bat Decals

signguy39

Premium Subscriber
We just had an interesting inquiry at our shop. A customer is selling wooden baseball bats and is looking for a 1.5"x2.5" label near the middle of bat (under the sweet spot). We have an Edge FX printer and print helmet and car decals. We're very familiar with vinyls that bond well with plastics and metals, but wood is a new one for us. Does anyone have experience with vinyl that adheres to a curved, treated, wooden surface like a bat barrel? They also mentioned they would like the decal to be as permanent as possible. Any help would be fantastic!

This, just looked at my Louisville Slugger and its done with either a hot brand stamp or its engraved, I would guess it is done with a hot brand stamp since it is dark in color

Possibly Laser Engraved? This would burn the wood giving you the dark look. I was thinking some might be Lazer engraved and painted real quick also.

Brandon708

I don't think any vinyl decal will last on a wooden bat. I put a decal on a wooden bat of mine an it was getting messed up by the ball hitting it. Unless he applies it to the unfinished bat then applied some sort of lacquer as a protective coating. My guess to use the thinest high performance vinyl you can get. Recommend him heat the decals on and add lacquer.