• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material shrinks after printing

Kazz

Has any one experience media shrinkage? I am using a Roland XJ-640 with Solvent inks on good stock. I have printed a 2m print with rego marks which has a matching cut file which gets cut from ruby on a flat bed and the print is lined up to the cut file rego marks ready for cutting. Over 2m I have a 10% loss so the cut file is out by about 20mm only on the vertical, it's never proportional. I know it's the printer because I've measured the print straight after coming off the printer. Arrr please help!!

Bly

It's shorter straight out of the pritner before you take it off the backing?

what rip are you using?

Bly

Can't help ya then. I know in Onyx you can compensate for this kind of thing.

Welcome anyways.

radiohead223

i don't use versa works, rasterlink for ours here. but i've seen our printer and it's media compensation lose up to 10% on long prints. it only takes that little bit of adjustment at the control panel to move it out by a big amount.

so it could be at the control panel and hence why the rip program isn't allowing for it but could be something else in the rip program

HHmmmmm:doh:

Attachments

• SPSLS2_Avoid_Shrinkage_Posters.jpg
    SPSLS2_Avoid_Shrinkage_Posters.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 62