• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Maximum Size sign for DiBond panel with 2 Cement Buckets

FASTSIGNS-538

In your experience, what's the max size a DiBond/Max Metal sign face can be and still only have (2) 5 Gallon cement buckets as anchors. We don't want it blowing away/falling.
Thanks!

DerbyCitySignGuy

In your experience, what's the max size a DiBond/Max Metal sign face can be and still only have (2) 5 Gallon cement buckets as anchors. We don't want it blowing away/falling.
Thanks!

Are you suggesting that you're going to mount the face to posts and set the posts in concrete buckets? Why not just bury the posts in the ground and call it a day?

FASTSIGNS-538

Are you suggesting that you're going to mount the face to posts and set the posts in concrete buckets? Why not just bury the posts in the ground and call it a day?

That would definitely be easier, but our customer doesn't want to bury the posts in the ground/disrupt the asphalt. The sign could be up anywhere from a month to a year at the most.

Johnny Best

I think a 2'x2' sign would blow over with two 5 gal buckets of cement. If you made a wooden sled and weights on back would serve the purpose better and get you a bigger size sign to use.

What about surface mounting the posts? This would only leave small holes for the concrete anchors. Which you could fill in when the sign is done. Something like you would use to mount a pergola to the ground.

2B

we have done 48"h x 18"w signs before.
you will have to decide how the wind is at your location.

NOTE: to give a better center of gravity, use a lower profile container.
we like using old tire rims filled with cement.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I make 4'x4's and sometimes 4'x8' all the time on skids. That cement bucket idea is no bueno.

YSHhsgiqcMPu_sIJtBWgHN2TfyA8IQB4tzOX0W8rGzg0kjtTE-RYWUAhFLEupudo1fJ1dZwqktsqg_cigil9huNFJsyaICbVXIZN0IFYaXeHlKoDI3atKogvTIyu-SSWYTiIpEfNskM=w528-h938-no

fEU--vvLWPpJMuNsjhKb0raeS20ds-pkNxIaHAnAX4JnTTeK4zUkjyZ9-o8DFbCAcjOl0cioZPp8YpqUSOE1XpiUB7LqRTAr65dmeXa_GIMYfw_7LUr8M8aaFYGBxzcKHRxGFKPZPasyJQWjF-2u8AXy5f9CADZO7Wdx14PlcarfAhAy-uvvZPXeXiBccZ_wOCGn7JMElGyG5P43m2EI1hA4nVijxQaNyUPSvFvmaqniWeF5jpUOIWHB084Gu9A_FpEopa9YutiG1sUc5krr8t_zEXCpMjo6T10nNqCT6I3T-hHdsoVnnI00IY-TbQhUAg7OwMHr39SDU_g4sZkdKgDupvjnffKI_c831ruLuAxG8989xEU1kEpVC0y1FTJtfkLW6WPczy2oARJntdKPM4IvA4ulk143F5-5Xnl98qlZURXmYVGHJZ_M6el2-LjixNX5gQxkPaE67Q2ewddw0gLGFHwNKhVeBA1X4Xov1e1EUxIgJ2IGzESnHdWDQsvXx0RgtQgRaHzaYnwA5JzdRc69TMvNJ1lDjs_VTafGQo8vlSvAKQmYitu9fs9OkupoV1XAluBWU2WclZbpN0-zhwm1QmTc9JIUSpaaO8MOHIhmfcs2jKlJ8LURDQ40-XeUZMCjNnJB2SZtifVDSebf8-T0sw=w528-h938-no

gJIF3yptxqrIxHwYz7KYlZhunsUgNPjep9x5qT7rWCmwjrOMw_fNqD1bELjCfGVDU09KLqHBuEIIi3sf1_oMs81fc7yvrS0zMyz00P3vyZJUvOdnacD-Op4VT5Atk6dnrtorVJkfB8E=w822-h938-no

Billct2

Yep, like Texas and Johnny. Another variation is make it as a large A frame, add a couple cross members on the bottom for the weights. Speeds set up on site