Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Measuring

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by kylebrk, Aug 14, 2012.

1. kylebrk

kylebrk Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    How do you guys measure? Good old tape measure? Some slick program? What? We are doing okay with our system but it's labor intensive and is prone to human error. Ideas? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    measure something. draw box in design program sized to that something. scale that box to the known size of that box.

edit: i dont know how to scale in illy, but in corel you double click the ruler then hit scale, then type in size of box (say 2.542 inches) = known size of box (say 35.5 inches) then the document is now scaled correctly

3. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

+1
    Also take actual measurements of what your wrapping to make sure everything is as it should be in your scaled version.

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    vehicle templates.. then double check with measuring tape?

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Sticky Yard is decent. Although I will take a picture and measure something I can scale in Illustrator. For vehicles I measure a rim.