• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Booster

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Very cool concept. Wondering if it can handle thicker rolls of banner material. Also I wonder if these are going to come to the US as a OEM add-on via the manufacturers shown on the website.

rjssigns

Neat. I had thought about building one to hold wrap, banner and four mil. With DIY or the rig shown the issue would be infeed alignment. You would need to make sure it's dead level to the platen and trammed to the linear rail for the head.
After that you would want to pin it into position so it can't move while loading/unloading or someone bumping into it.

I spent a major portion of my life building infeeds, flying pasters, ribbon decks, plate makers, you name it. Every last one was dependent on being dialed in to its related equipment. Didn't matter if it was a "zero-speed" or running three thousand feet a minute. It has to be level, aligned, pinned in place period.

I can see a bunch of issues if the build quality is poor. Just my two cents.