• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media for GS6000

TechnaPrint

We have just purchased our first Wide Format Printer, the Epson GS5000 (jumping in with both feet and no life jacket). Our rep, who we bought the printer from, has given us an extensive list of papers he has available, close to 30. Any advice on what we should stock? What is the most popular these days. We have some clients that we were farming out poster and banner production, now we will be bringing them in-house. We are looking at some Matte Vinyl, Satin Poster Paper, Gloss Poster Paper and a removable back option to start. I didn't know so many papers were available (Satin, Matte and Gloss available for most medias as well as various thicknesses/weights).

Thanks

TechnaPrint

Currently, we will be bringing the Poster and Banner jobs in-house. Beyond that, we are not sure yet. We would like to market this in our area, but our finishing abilities are limited (lack of space and knowledge). We have to send everything, but trimming and grommets out. We plan to grow this part of our business over the next few years, and maybe move to a larger location to add in the more complex finishing operations.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok well I would bring in a roll of poster paper and a roll of matte and gloss banner material to start. I would also pick up a Big Squeegee (Lots of info on here about this hand lamination tool) Do you have a store front location?

GoodPeopleFlags

We also have a GS6000. Personally, I don't see the need for both matte and gloss banner material. I've never had anyone specify one or the other.

For vinyl, we mainly use Oracal 651RA. For banners, Opti-Solv scrim, 13oz.

effectav

another good choice is Gotham Solvo print 13 oz double sided smooth. I have gone through 5- 54" rolls in the last 15 days. Amazing and at a good price

acothran

We've had a GS6000 for two years. Below is a list of what we use. I've tried lots of different brands/types of media and these work for us.

Poster paper: Sihl 3686 (no paper looks as good as vinyl but this works for us)
Banner: Ultraflex Jetflex FL 13oz Matte and Gloss
Optima Double Sided 15oz No-Curl for premium no-scrim banners
Air-Release Calendared Vinyl: Oracal 3165RA (3M IJ35C is good too)
Cast Wrap Vinyl: 3M IJ180C-V3 (Oracal 3951RA & Avery MPI1005 work too)
Economy Wrap Vinyl: General Formulations Automark Concept 230

We've printed canvas, fabric, and lots of other vinyls but this is a list of media we often use. Good luck.

Allen

parrott

General Formulations 201/Oracal 210
General Formulations statcic cling
General Formulations PSC/Oracal 210
3M IJ180C/3M 8519
Bantex 13oz and 18oz
Ultraflex 13oz
Sihl Tri-solve poster paper
Optisolve Backlit

Had the printer almost two years and love it. We don't run it every day, but then will run it non stop for a couple weeks. Very low maintenance and easy to use. It fits our needs very well and has the best quality prints of any printer in its price range.