• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Profiles

Davyd Ryalls

Hi,

New to the forum :)

I've started a new job running a print room and occasionally struggle finding media profiles so was wondering whats the best place to source media profiles?

Usually I just contact the supplier but doesn't always work so any tips or info would be welcomed.

I run 2 HP Latex 570's.

Cheers

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
This will depend heavily on your rip software. Most websites will give you their own profiles. But if you go on say, mimakis website you should be able to put in your printer, rip, then version and it’ll give you a list of available profiles.

onyx has a profile and driver manager that works pretty much the same.

that being said, it’s always best to build your own profiles, I know a few of the HP’s have the built in spectrophotometers so it should be relatively simple if you have one of the machines that does.

The downloadable profiles tend to play it safe and try work for everyone so naturally they’re quite limited.

Davyd Ryalls

This will depend heavily on your rip software. Most websites will give you their own profiles. But if you go on say, mimakis website you should be able to put in your printer, rip, then version and it’ll give you a list of available profiles.

onyx has a profile and driver manager that works pretty much the same.

that being said, it’s always best to build your own profiles, I know a few of the HP’s have the built in spectrophotometers so it should be relatively simple if you have one of the machines that does.

The downloadable profiles tend to play it safe and try work for everyone so naturally they’re quite limited.

Cheers Thanks for you help.

FrankW

The profiles of the HP‘s are regularly RIP-Independent, you can download them directly from the control panel to your printer (the RIP will sync it from the printer).

In addition, you can create a complete media profile including ICC with the integrated Spectrophotometer. Creating a new media will start a guided process, and you will find infos about in the manual. It is really easy. It will make sense to recalibrate downloaded profiles too.

If you are not shure about the settings for the media, you can access the HP Media Solutions Locator on the Internet. If you dont find infos for your media for the 570, check if the media is available for the Latex 360: you cant load that profiles regularly to a 570 (only for colour simulation), but this printers have a bigger selection of media, and their settings can be a good starting point for try and error.