• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Question

Kevin-shopVOX

Hi...I've run up against a media I'm not too familiar with. The current project is digitally printed and installed on the second surface (inside) of storefront windows with graphic facing the street. The media is apparently translucent as it is backlit at night. However you are not able to see into the store from the outside. The adhesive side also feels like it has a texture..almost lenticular like.

Bottom line I'm looking for something where I can digitally print a graphic that will be translucent and able to be applied to the inside of a storefront graphic and block outsiders from looking in. To me the media looks like it is one layer of film (not mirror printed on clear and then backed with white).

Anyone have any suggestions or know the name of a product designed for this? Any help, as always, is appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I would guess it is probably a regular non-adhesive backlit media like Intellicoat SBL-7 then mounted with a mounting adhesive like Gudy Window.

Kevin-shopVOX

I would guess it is probably a regular non-adhesive backlit media like Intellicoat SBL-7 then mounted with a mounting adhesive like Gudy Window.

After reading this definitely sounds like the stuff....question to anyone who has used this as I never have. Gudy window is put up first then the graphic is installed or is the Gudy window applied like a laminate to the print then installed to the window?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
After reading this definitely sounds like the stuff....question to anyone who has used this as I never have. Gudy window is put up first then the graphic is installed or is the Gudy window applied like a laminate to the print then installed to the window?

You apply the gudy window like a laminate, I carry both the film and the mounting film and so if you need a quote on the materials I can help you out no problem.