• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Roll Rack idea

Guimb0

Hi,
I attempt to start new year with organization. Im at my second year of operation and i don't want to invest to much in this at this time.
But I want to build some wall and floor roll rack to make my shop cleaner. Did you already make them and have some picture of it to give me some idea.
I plan 24'' and 60'' roll classification .
Thank's for advice and happy new year everyone! :toasting:

Devon19515

Material rack

attachment.php
attachment.php
This is one we built using 4x4 posts and 1/2" rigid Electrical conduit.:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• material rack.jpg
    material rack.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_7555.jpg
    IMG_7555.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 178

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We have a couple of different material racks that we designed in-house. I do like how Devon's system works but would be concerned about how to secure the rods to be strong enough when sliding the material to one side to get the roll off. It obviously works well for him so I'm sure he's figured that part out. We have rolling racks with casters and PVC pipe that we can slide the rolls onto, as well as wall mounted "Gun Rack" material racks that work well also.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 124

Devon19515

We have a couple of different material racks that we designed in-house. I do like how Devon's system works but would be concerned about how to secure the rods to be strong enough when sliding the material to one side to get the roll off. It obviously works well for him so I'm sure he's figured that part out. We have rolling racks with casters and PVC pipe that we can slide the rolls onto, as well as wall mounted "Gun Rack" material racks that work well also.

We used 4"x4" pressuretreated posts and drilled holes all the way through for the 1/2" Rigid EMT.
The hole was just big enough that we had to hammer the pipe in.

Devon19515

How long you make the rods:) ?

The pipes on the left are 10" long with 6" protruding from post, the ones on right are 14" with 10" protruding.
The gap between the ends of the pipes is about 45". I am able to slide the end of a 54" roll onto the longer pipe and have a 1" space to place it onto the second pipe.

GB2

Old Member
MyRont, that is a nice rack you have there. It looks a little different than anything else I've ever seen, did you make that? Could you provide a little more detail about it. Thanks!