• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Suggestion

Cynosure

I need to print about 50 single sided 18" x 24" vinyl prints and apply to coro with no laminate. I normally use oracal 3651, but even running the print through my laminator to apply i still tend to get some air bubbles in the channels of the coro. Would using a thicker 6mil film like the gf 220 film eliminate that? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
General Formulations Concept 220. Inexpensive, thick enough to apply without laminate- though their laminate is inexpensive, too, and I wouldn't send it out the door without laminate. Doesn't matter how temporary the signs are, the customer will complain when they're scratched during transport.

Mysticalvibes

I definitely agree with needing laminate. Not only does it protect the print from scratches as mentioned but I also find it makes the material so much easier to apply.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a 5mil bubble free that will work good for that, it is a little thinner then the GF but my pairing lam is a little thicker so it works out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you could find someone locally who could flatbed print them for you. Whatever the cost from them, it should be less for the ink, no vinyl needed, no laminate needed and no monkey time to do all that work and then apply them to the substrate.

Oroscoe

Just a thought, but have you considered getting them printed on a flat bed. With the amount of time it takes to print and apply you could send out and have them printed in less time. Use the free time to produce other jobs making even more money.

oksigns

I rarely mount without lam, but, when I do, A strip of application tape across the leading piece of vinyl at the start of mount helps. It's mostly in technique, so if you start with bubbles, you will end up with bubbles down the line. Maximize the best adhesion in the beginning and you're gold. Cleaning the board and even the rollers is a must.

MikePro

you also may be getting bubbles down the channels with your laminator because you're using too much pressure and/or running it with the flutes in an opposing-direction. Ideally, you'd want the flutes to run perpendicular with the roller so that air continues down the line and out the back of the panel, rather than being capped&mashed on every flute line.

jfiscus

Rap Master
X3 on jobbing it out to a flatbed printer. You will be surprised at how cost-effective this method is.

Cynosure

I am matching signs that they got from another vendor and that is how they were built. Regular print on gloss vinyl no laminate hanging 30 feet in the air in a warehouse. Otherwise I'd most likely would have gone the route of direct aboard

Cynosure

I do run it perpendicular to the rollers, but maybe the high pressure had a point. Normally i prefer laminating as it helps protect and seems to lay better, but i need to match existing. Thanks to all for all the input!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Being in a warehouse is even a bigger NO Brainer for subbing out to a flatbed. Your way is far too expensive and too labor intensive. Think about your business plan.... to make money, not waste it.

DJr

Maybe you could find someone locally who could flatbed print them for you. Whatever the cost from them, it should be less for the ink, no vinyl needed, no laminate needed and no monkey time to do all that work and then apply them to the substrate.

Yes especially with 50 signs digital print is not competitive with or without lam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk