• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media to use in JV3-130SL

Alba

Hi.

I have three months now with my JV3-130. I have used vinyl, banner and photo paper for solvent and it has worked fine.

From your experiences, what other material can I use without problems in this plotter?

Thanks a lot.

signguytom

These all work nicely:

Avery: DFM Heavy (SWEET!), DFM Cotton​

Intelicoat: Magic Canvas, GF Poly, POS Pro, FAB 6, GF Photo​

Dreamscapes Wallcovering - 11 of 12 different textures (Mache is too thick)​

Orajet products seem to print the best with SS2 inks​

Not crazy about Avery vinyls for printing​

Hope this helps!

Big House Signs

Hi.

I have three months now with my JV3-130. I have used vinyl, banner and photo paper for solvent and it has worked fine.

From your experiences, what other material can I use without problems in this plotter?

Thanks a lot.

What kind of photo paper are you using? for pics we've just used Sihl 200# paper but woul like to find something nicer. We do a lot of photo restoration and I'd like to find some kind of matt phot paper

Letterbox Mike

Recently, .040 Polystyrene...

No Kidding?!? How did you get that to work (more how did you physically manage to feed it through the printer)? Heat settings? What profile did you use? How was the print quality? Durability? I've been wanting to try that for some time now, we use alot of 0.030" polystyrene for tradeshow displays (print on vinyl, laminate with textured laminate, and mount to poly), that would eliminate a step if the results are good enough.

jdsignco

1st my heads are all the way up. I printed in like 2 feet sections, I found a 4' x 8' piece is a little heavy for the printer to handle. You have to watch it and make sure everything is clear in the front and back. For my profile, it was my "standard" Oracal profile that works great on almost everything. It works, its cheap, but it looks no where close to 3651 with a nice gloss lam. Give it a shot, .020, or .030 will probably work a little better.