• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mei Tu Tech Printers (DX5's), anybody using it? any comments?

paulbaguio

some how just related to Chris' Witcolor printer (which I'm also interested to learn of the developments).

I sent some notes to Witcolor for inquiries about the price and shipping cost, but they never replied.

but this one has been persistent in all levels. I just inquired abit and they gave me all the information they have. this got me thinking comparing to Chris' Witcolor printer of almost the same specs because they respond to you immediately and the soonest possible time at the same time its about the same cost with that of the Wit color.

here is the company's name, and details:

Meitu Digital & Technology Co.,Ltd
Add: 1F,Building 8A,Caohejing Hi-Tech Park of Pujing,No.188
Xinjun Ring Rd.,Minhang,Shanghai,China 201114

here are some of their sales pitches, I actually received around 5 similar details from 5 different sales person from their factory in Shanghai related to my inquiry about the 1.8m Epson Dx5 1440 x 1440 dpi printer:

Dear Paul,

Have a nice day!

Thank you very much for your kind interested in our products.

Our Epson printers are now very popular in the world market because of their stable performance with the same good print quality as Roland and Mimaki printers, but much easier to operate and maintain. Auto capping system and cleaning system are equipped in our machines. Meanwhile, auto media feeder and taking-up system are equipped.

Please take a look at the pictures of our 1.8m Epson DX5 printer:
001.jpg

002.jpg

With unique print head control technology, we enable the print head ink droplit sizes to vary from 1.5pl to 21pl, printing with real 1440x1440dpi high resolution. They are workable with eco solvent ink, our Epson printer is widely used for both indoor and outdoor high quality printing.

Our eco solvent printer with Epson head printer sold well worldwide and get very well feedback. We just finished the 20th Shanghai International AD & Sign Technology & Equipment Exhibition which held in Shanghai New International Expo Center from July 11th-14th, 2012. It's a very successful fain for us, we get many orders from both old and new customers. Many customers order the printers on our booth and pay cash. The following pictures for your reference.
003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

What's your purchase plan of this printer? When do you want to buy it? For your own use or for reselling? Which port do you want to ship to? I will check the shipment charge for you with our forwarder and make detail quotation for you when getting your reply.

Do you use on line chatting messenger? Like Skype, yahoo or MSN? If so, please add me to your contact list, I will send the video of this printer for your reference. Hope we will have a good communication. Any requirement please feel free to contact with me at any time.

Waiting for your early reply. Thank you very much!

then here is the follow up when I replied:

Dear Paul,

Good day to you!

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Our 1.8m eco solvent printer with one DX5 print head is model MT-Starjet5.0 . It adopts one piece big DX5 printhead. One head prints for 4 colors CMYK. So the operation is very easy, no need alignment for different colors.

It's a very popular machine. The resolution is up to 1440dpi*1440dpi. The variable ink droplets (droplit size from 1.5pl to 21pl) technology can be used to fulfill reflect the rich details of the picture. It's very good idea to buy this machine for printing on vinyl sticker, work with your spectra solvent printer is very perfect choice. You can take a look at the printing result on the vinyl sticker by this printer:

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

We supply 1 year warranty and life-time technique supporting for the printers. During warranty period you can exchange all broken spare parts with us for free except the consumables. Most of the spare parts don't need to exchange for several years.

We have professional technique team to provide technique support, they speak English very well, specially for providing technical support for oversea customers, whenever you have any problem or doubt, you can just talk with our engineer through email or messenger, they will guide you step by step and to solve it soon. So it is very convenient and guaranteed to purchase our products.

It's very strong machine with very good performance, it's very great idea for you to buy this machine and show to your customers while printing, I promise you will get more and more business opportunities. If they are interested in this machine, you can help them to buy it from us.

The shipment cost of this printer to Cebu port is 280usd, it will take about about 26days from Shanghai to Cebu by sea. I will make the proforma invoice for you to check, so please give me the detail information of your company, such as company name, telephone number, address and post code. Any requirement please contact with me freely. Hope we will have a good communication. Waiting for your early reply. Thank you very much!

and yet another email follow up:

Dear Paul,

Have a nice day!

Have you received my following e-mail sent to you on 10th, August? When do you want to buy this printer? I will make the proforma invoice for you to check, so please give me the detail information of your company, such as company name, telephone number, address and post code.

We specialize in large format equipment for more than 10 years with good quality and pretty competitive price. The quality of our printers of MT brand is top in this industry. We take rigid control of the quality during production. Because of the low price and high quality, many customers become our regular customers. Many of our customers re-place the order to us regularly. We earn the market in this industry of high quality products and integrity. Please take a look at the pictures of our company.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

We have our own design department and technical team. We produce printers with our own technology so we can provide good quality with good service, there is no risk to buy machine from us. We have our own technician team and we supply life-time technical support of our machines, any requirement you can contact with us at any time, we will arrange technician to help you online about the machine operation and maintenance, such as by vedio, pictures or online communication.

Any requirement please contact with me freely. Hope we will have a good communication. Waiting for your early reply. Thank you very much!

i mean they communicate the soonest (Well i dunno after purchasing the machine they will be consistent like this).

wha do you think guys? I haven't heard from the Witcolor sales till now.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjssigns

I Googled Chinese printers last evening and found the Meitu's now you post regarding them. Hmm... strange forces as work perhaps?
Artbot would be the one to ask. I'm sure he will have something to add.

paulbaguio

I Googled Chinese printers last evening and found the Meitu's now you post regarding them. Hmm... strange forces as work perhaps?
Artbot would be the one to ask. I'm sure he will have something to add.

hahaha! I'm not selling them, promise!

I'm on the look out for a low cost printer and the chinese machines maybe my answer.

(well if it worked well in my area maybe I'd sell them part time and make extra money hehehe) :toasting: :clapping: :supersmilie:

I recalled some posts ago that Arbot was planning to attend the July convention in China. Maybe Meitutech (like in the pictures) has a display booth, yes? Did Arbot push through with his China travel?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Which one did you go with? Give us more info.... How long till you actually get it. PM me what it cost if you do not want to post that in the open. :)

i just bought a used chinese jv33 clone.... in a pinch... jv3 has cancer or something.

artbot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEmyjl3pOk

this is the printer. should be here wednesday. talking about lack of research. i don't even know which oem makes this thing. all i know is it has to work for about four weeks. my partner just bought dg express's 6x10 16 head CET so it won't get much use after i get my mits on that thing.

rjssigns

Artbot you have to keep us posted. And here I was excited about the WIT Color and then you throw the curve ball with a Mimaki clone. Have to keep us updated on well it runs and the quality/grade of components.

artbot

sure will. i'm going to run it on rasterlink if i can get an old copy somewhere. also, think of the possibilities. say i fry something, just send the boards to macmedia, they'll recognize the boards no problem. i'm assuming the ink supply is "no chips" (yay).

rjssigns

It will be interesting for sure. Very curious about the sq.ft per hour deal. Normally we have no problem keeping up with our SP, but lately we've been getting some large orders and lack of speed is a problem. 300 squares an hour at 720x720 would set things right on our end.

Are you going to start a new thread or should I subscribe to this one?

artbot

me? i guess i could. i just got a call that the crate will be here tomorrow. odd though, i'm really not emotionally tied to this one. my jv3 is highly modified, perched between two air tables. just to finish these few orders, i'll have to knock around on this printer for a couple of days. then "un-modify" it when i get the CET going. it's just a big hassle because my jv3 keeps having this odd "ghost printing" issue. otherwise, i have a very low mileage 160sp with new heads all the way across being shut down. it's a shame.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thats a strange beast. Looks more like a JV3 than a JV33 to me. Maybe a hybrid between the two, a JV3 chassis style setup with the ink still on the back of the machine but with JV33 boards and head carriage with a DX5 print head. On the JV33 they moved all of the electronics to the right end of the machine and all ink handling to the left end while is what somewhat spread about on a JV3 with ink handling at both ends and electronics mostly at the left end.

artbot

as soon as i get it in, i'll take some pictures. i wouldn't be surprised if it's half roland half mimaki. all i know is ink, data, gantry, dx5, print. the age of expensive printers is over. i bought this thing for $3900.

artbot

a brand new single head dx5 printer from china costs from $4500 to $6000 so that's about right (i especially like the mimaki buttons. of course many have roland buttons or mutoh buttons.)

artbot

i bought it from some guy closing down his dye sub business (retiring).

after a quick search on alibaba, i found the pages for this particular model. i'd still rather have a dual head wit-color. although the specs for this skycolor show THK guides so maybe it's not too bad.

http://zzxsj.en.alibaba.com/product...olvent_Printer.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct1

http://zzxsj.en.alibaba.com/product..._JV33_system_Intelligent_Stable_Welcome_.html

http://zzxsj.en.alibaba.com/product/565475217-212505349/1_8m_eco_solvent_printer.html

http://zzxsj.en.alibaba.com/product...rinter_Outdoor_high_resolution_printing_.html