• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mesh construction banner time and installation costs.

tebond

I have a customer who wants me to install 7. 6' X 100' mesh banners at a construction site on an existing fence using zip ties. I haven't done this before. He wants a firm quote.

My my question is what may be the estimated time in doing this be and possibly a reasonable cost for this using two to three men.

Thanks in advance for your input and a quick response.

J Hill Designs

zipties, so sounds like chain link. I would say no more than an hour each with three guys, with a half hour or so of 'preinstall prep' (locations etc)

plus any travel

edit: this would be ground level

Brandon708

Id probably price that at about $175 per banner for installation. You should be able to do each banner in about 30 min with 3 people. Use heavy duty zip ties too. Not those cheap ones that will break. Also double up the zip ties on the corners.

GoodPeopleFlags

If possible, go out to the location and check it out before quoting. It really sucks to be expecting one thing based on the customer's description and find something totally different when you get there. Customers sometimes "forget" to mention things.

Brandon708

If possible, go out to the location and check it out before quoting. It really sucks to be expecting one thing based on the customer's description and find something totally different when you get there. Customers sometimes "forget" to mention things.

Absolutely would recommend going to the site to measure the height of the fence. It wouldn't look good if you made a 6' banner and the fence was only 58" tall.

Starter

I recently installed 380ft of banner on an 8ft high construction fence. Definitely don't use cheap ties as noted. Also check to the see if traffic may be an issue/hazard on site. I had to hire traffic control. No room for 2 guys to roll out banners while playing in traffic.

Pat Whatley

Two guys, an hour max.

What others said about using good zip ties. Also, I like to use one of the heavy duty 1/4" thick ties in every 8'-10' just in case something happens.