• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metal Rips and Tears

BAD NOVA

I'm looking for rips and tears that I can insert logo. I looked on Aurora Graphics, they don't have a lot to choose from I was wondering if somebody knew where to get rips and tears.
Thank you Brian

rjssigns

Probably faster to draw them. I did just that many many years ago, scanned them in and adjusted as necessary.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Aurora graphics' torn metal is kind of generic. I created my own a while back, in photoshop and I recall that it wasn't really that difficult. A few you tube videos on creating a metallic or chrome look. There are "styles" that help out with some of that. If I had to do it again, I'd probably do a better job but I still think it's better than Auroras.

Attachments

• Tear.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 184

MikePro

+1 shutterstock or adove stock archives.

not a fan of catalog artwork for this stuff, unless its already part of the whole graphic i intend to use like auroragraphics does for their swoosh/flags/stripes package.
if you're customizing a logo or a shape, then i've found it easier to just watch youtubes of similiar things, such as "torn paper" and then apply brushed/gradient effects to the metal layers to make it metallic. Feels like more work, until you get the hang of your pattern/steps to build it from scratch to fit it the way you like ...rather than trying to warp/manipulate cut&paste yourself into a corner.

tutorials available for both illustrator and photoshop.