Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Sign

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by hatmanok, Oct 29, 2012.

1. hatmanok

hatmanok Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Hey guys, I am needing a couple of blank signs like these. They are made of alum. and they are a box. You can see by the picture how the outside is made. I am looking for a source of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I don't know if you'll really find a "source'. SignComp and others sell kits for directional signs, but these are an easy manufacture. They look like your run-of-the-mill directional sign fabricated from 2" square aluminum tube frame/supports and overlaid with .063" or .080" aluminum. Your dimensions indicate they're 5" deep. They don't look that deep (again, I would assume 2"), but if they are 5", it's still an easy job if you have basic tools. If you don't have the means to manufacture them, contact Kevin Crutchfield at Casco Signs. He's pretty close to you (in Concord).

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I make stuff like that on our brake all the time. Find a local sheet metal shop or welding shop to fab them up. Pretty simple.
    I use .080 aluminum and weld them or just VHB them as small as they are. Can't find anyone PM me and I could make a couple up
    (shipping might be a kill-joy from Nebraska.)

4. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Yup what you need is a brake.
    I myself do not have one but my good friend who has been in the trade for 45 years maxes a "box" out of all his aloonimum signs.
    It's a nice, finished, professional look.
    Love....Jill

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    if you don't have a brake, check with a local heating & ventilating co. and see if they can do the bends for you as they have brakes.

6. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    a saw, welder, 2part sign epoxy and router with flush cut bit is all you need for those. Nothing was bent on the sign you posted. look up a local wholesaler or have them shipped in. Mchenry Industries builds a lot of these for a sign company I install for. check them out if you still need someone, they are reasonably priced even with shipping.

7. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011