• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metallic Vinyl

jays567

Hey guys,

I'm a little new to sign making.

We're trying to find a solid metallic material good for adhering to different substrates (i.e., plastic, medium curves, etc.).

We purchased some R-Tape Efx, but unfortunately we found the adhesiveness to be really sub-par on anything with even the slightest curve.

Our Roland calendared vinyl has great tack - and I was wondering if you all knew of any metallic vinyl out there with a strong / decent tack for irregular surfaces (or even plastic / medium curves).

Alternative I guess is to purchase metallic sticker paper, but I really want to stick with vinyl if we can.

CanuckSigns

are you looking for a brushed metallic or a metallic flake? there are many metalic flake vinyls out there, every vinyl manufacturer has some. brushed is more difficult as it is usually a mylar as opposed to vinyl, wwhich is why it doesn't work on curves and such

jays567

Metal flake is fine; even a gold film is perfect - at this point if it has some shine to it I'd love to use it if it sticks...the Rtape stuff just wasn't sticky enough

CanuckSigns

oracal makes a nice metallic, vinyl, it has the same adhesive as their normal vinyl does, so it should stick to most things

contact distributors in your area and get some swatch books!