• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metamark cast vinyl

niksagkram

Hi. Anybody used the Metamark brand cast wrap vinyl/laminate? Any thoughts/opinions. It's available from a supplier here in Canada and we were thinking of giving it a try.

Thanks,

Mark

player

I will never use anything Metamark ever again. I had a catastrophic failure due to defective material from Metamark. Never again.

Chasez

Have started using it while ago and it's been great! We now stock the MD5/MD3. So far we've had 1 failure but found out it was not the material but actually the wall it was installed on. It prints really nice on our epson and seiko machines. As far as install goes it's easy as pie. With the cost of it, its definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing what you think about it.

Chaz

niksagkram

I will never use anything Metamark ever again. I had a catastrophic failure due to defective material from Metamark. Never again.

When you say "catastrophic failure", what exactly do you mean? Just trying to nail down pros and cons, and, right now, it's 50/50. :)

Thanks,

Mark

player

I had 150' roll printed and installed on a number of signs that just peeled off like wallpaper that was not stuck. The worst one was a 9 sheet (4' x 8' x 9 sheets) billboard that was fully printed, laminated and then applied with great difficulty due to registration. The client was installing on his own structure. He installed it over the weekend. Monday it was raining and he called and said the prints were peeling off in the rain. Not cool. Client went on to ruin my life for 3 weeks while he refused to let me reprint, but wanted to re-stick the vinyl on his own... Ugh.... He finally found some tape used to stick pipelines together that he used. Double ugh...

gabagoo

I had 150' roll printed and installed on a number of signs that just peeled off like wallpaper that was not stuck. The worst one was a 9 sheet (4' x 8' x 9 sheets) billboard that was fully printed, laminated and then applied with great difficulty due to registration. The client was installing on his own structure. He installed it over the weekend. Monday it was raining and he called and said the prints were peeling off in the rain. Not cool. Client went on to ruin my life for 3 weeks while he refused to let me reprint, but wanted to re-stick the vinyl on his own... Ugh.... He finally found some tape used to stick pipelines together that he used. Double ugh...

This is a good enough reason for me to steer clear of the product. I know ND is now stocking it and I have been approached, but I had never heard of the brand...Who are they and how long have they been in the biz?

niksagkram

This is a good enough reason for me to steer clear of the product. I know ND is now stocking it and I have been approached, but I had never heard of the brand...Who are they and how long have they been in the biz?

Still might give it a try. One bad "review" is not enough to scare us away. If that were the case we wouldn't use ANY brand of vinyl! :) They've all had their issues, right! Be nice to hear more opinions though.

BTW, they are a British company, established in 1992, and, according to their website, (http://www.metamark.co.uk/Pages_home/Abouthome.htm) they are one of the leading suppliers of vinyl in the UK.

Mark

CanuckSigns

Still might give it a try. One bad "review" is not enough to scare us away. If that were the case we wouldn't use ANY brand of vinyl! :) They've all had their issues, right! Be nice to hear more opinions though.

BTW, they are a British company, established in 1992, and, according to their website, (http://www.metamark.co.uk/Pages_home/Abouthome.htm) they are one of the leading suppliers of vinyl in the UK.

Mark

Try searching uksignboards.com and see what the Brits over there have to say about it.

ND does seem to be pushing this brand quite a lot, but the price is on par with 3M, at least for the calendered vinyls I got pricing for.

Ponto

.....ND does seem to be pushing this brand quite a lot, ....

LOL.. their margins are probably higher after all said and done...

jp

niksagkram

Try searching uksignboards.com and see what the Brits over there have to say about it.

ND does seem to be pushing this brand quite a lot, but the price is on par with 3M, at least for the calendered vinyls I got pricing for.

Yeah, I posted on the UK signboard, just waiting for any responses.

Mark