• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Microweave Banding on Epson GS6000

jddzigns

I'm having microweave banding problems on my GS6000. I checked all the usual suspects (nozzle check, feed adjust, line feed pattern, microweave settings, etc) and those haven't resolved the issue. The Epson tech has paid us numerous visits and spent around 25+ hours working on it and has replaced the print heads, main board, paper feed motor, paper feed scale and a couple sub boards but no luck...we're still getting microweave banding. Has anybody else experienced this? Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this problem? This printer has been down for almost two weeks and I'm at my wit's end.

FYI, we're having this problem with all different kinds of media and using Colorburst 10. Let me know if you need further details.

astro8

I remember a similar problem where all that was needed was to clean the encoder disc on the feed motor. You mentioned that he replaced the motor and 'feed scale'. They may be the same thing, different terminology. Other than that, I've never experienced any banding on any of the GS6000's I've used.