• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mid-West Kid

Bdaniels230

Hello all I'm a 23 year old College Senior due to graduate in the Fall of 2011. I work at a local Print shop.I am going to school for graphic design and I've been kind of thrown into an internship transformed into a full-time job. We are a small operation with only 7 people on staff and only 2 graphic artists. and I am responsible for doing design work (obviously) but also im in charge of production (which isnt something talked about in school). what I've learned about my printers and other media has been stricktly on the job training, but even with that I'm still discovering different things daily about my equipment. Although saying that I believe I am very well versed in Adobe Softwares.
Other then that Hello again and looking forward to working in the feild.

Billct2

welcome
I think you'll find you learn a lot more in the shop over the next few years than in the classroom, though you are off to a good start with a solid foundation.
By the way, in this industry I don't think a 7 person shop is all that small, probably more average size.