• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Might wanna look and see..................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know there's another thread going on about hand painters, but rather then louse that one up, I thought I'd try my own thread.

Well, as many of you have claimed I have not posted work, so we’ll start here. This is something I hand painted about a week ago and then finished off the seals and hung them yesterday, Wednesday.

The first pictures show putting the pounce pattern up and going to town on it, after figuring out the spacing needed for the circles.
101-1.jpg 101-2.jpg 101-3.jpg

The next shots show the poor condition of the wall for painting, even with a fitch. I used a good fitch for the first letter or so, then went and got some raunchy pig bristle brushes and gave them a haircut. After that, things just cut in fine. Took about an hour to hang the pounce per side and about an hour and ½ to paint each side. The 5’ circles took about two hours to hang the first one and about 20 minutes for the second side. My helper was one of the maintenance guys from the airport using a de-icer truck. He got called away on an emergency during the first one. The circles were flatbed printed on the outside two black and green circles and the rest was painted in and then cleared all together. Got a good price, write up in the paper and lotsa recognition.
101-4.jpg 101-5.jpg 101-6.jpg 101-7.jpg

Also, here is what it looked like 75 years ago. We’re involved with the 75[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary and they wanted it to appear as it did back then.
101-1939.jpg 101 orig seal.jpg 20140919_132939.jpg

The only thing is, to save money, they reduced the original size down about 18% and the overall image is slightly smaller. However, not many people from 1939 will be there to say argue.
Gino

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Cool stuff... that's the kind of job where I'd love to get my hands dirty on.

Mosh

30'-40' feet up the edge looks good to me.
[video=youtube;xZzEzDkeHzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI[/video]

These lyrics are perfect....hope you are back. BTW Gino..UP YOUR NOSE WITH A RUBBER HOSE!!! ~ The SweatHogs.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Heh wahoo. Gino's back.

So Butto's coming back too?

No one has seen the two of them in the same room at the same time.
Maybe Mr. B is already back.......

wayne k
guam usa

Hi Gino - welcome back - nice work (no fall harness in the bucket or under the raincoat?)

whk

d fleming

Good looking stuff Gino, the old pic with the biplane is cool too. Back when pilots actually looked like pilots, lol. Good to see you posting again.