• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Miller Weldmaster T2 Extreme, any reviews?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Does any one have any insight on the New T2 Extreme from Miller?

We are considering getting one since they are priced right but it seems pretty limited for growth as its set at 1" only with no additional hem folder thicknesses or nozzle sizes.

nate

Hot air doesn't seem to work. We had the T300 and found that on two sides of each banner it would ripple. The other two hems would be flat. We ended up sending it back after they told us this was normal.

nate

We have four full time sewers. Our goal was to allow the sewers to concentrate on other things (tents, table skirts, flags, etc-- things that require strong sewing skills) and allow our production guys to hem banners. Great idea, but we couldn't live with two sides being different from the other two. In the end we just kept the status quo.

I will say this-- Miller did accept the return and processed the refund in a timely manner.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Regarding sewing, and considering how you guys obviously do a lot of it - is there a brand of sewing machine that you would recommend for light - medium duty? We probably wouldn't even use it every day at first.....but I need to find a solution for our banner finishing. We've outsourced it for years but I'm over getting filthy scratched banners covered in pen marks back from our supplier. Such a shame to spend hours setting up artwork and properly printing banners to have them come back looking like someone dragged them through a parking lot!
That is not good, when we had sewing machine we had a Econosew and a Consew and they were tanks. Since my dad passed away me and my brother never had time to pick it up so we sold our machines. We need to find someone good at it and get another machine in here as it looks like welding may not work for us.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Regarding sewing, and considering how you guys obviously do a lot of it - is there a brand of sewing machine that you would recommend for light - medium duty? We probably wouldn't even use it every day at first.....but I need to find a solution for our banner finishing. We've outsourced it for years but I'm over getting filthy scratched banners covered in pen marks back from our supplier. Such a shame to spend hours setting up artwork and properly printing banners to have them come back looking like someone dragged them through a parking lot!

These have been mentioned a few times on here for banners. Can't personally vouch for them however. We still use tape.
Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969

nate

We have one Brother, two Mitzi's, and one Juki. They are all industrial, double stitch machines. The Brother is our oldest and the Juki is the newest. All of them work great, and were in the $2,000-$2,500 price range. If you're interested in more information I will grab the model numbers for you tomorrow when I'm in the shop.

Thanks

DerbyCitySignGuy

You can minimize the rippling in the vinyl no a Miller by having a second person pull the banner as it comes out of the machine. It'll never completely go away, but you can definitely make it smoother. We've managed to get them almost flat, even on 50'+ banners.

If it needs to look perfect, we either sew it or use the travelling welder.

rjssigns

What about ultrasonic welders? The sub I use for large work has one. I haven't had any issues with the finished product. No clue what the brand name is though.

Christian @ 2CT Media

UltraSonic and RF welders are super expensive.

I just ordered liesters new tool last night should be here Monday. Looks like a stationary version of their rolling uniplan e. It's the Hemtek ST, I figured for the price if its a failure I can't return its not a big hit.

bannertime

I just ordered liesters new tool last night should be here Monday. Looks like a stationary version of their rolling uniplan e. It's the Hemtek ST, I figured for the price if its a failure I can't return its not a big hit.

Please give us a review on it. Looks like it's pretty simple to use.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Please give us a review on it. Looks like it's pretty simple to use.

They did a demo for us here not too long ago. We have a Miller and a Leister, so we didn't really need it. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed. It did the job, it was easy to set up and move around, and if we didn't have a Miller it might have been something to look into.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is there a way to join panels with this or is it for hems and pole pockets only?
Looks good in their promo vids.

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think its just hems and pockets based on the way the throat/neck is designed... it would need a larger gap between the body and the tool area for seaming.

kspuhler

Miller Weldmaster
Does any one have any insight on the New T2 Extreme from Miller?

We are considering getting one since they are priced right but it seems pretty limited for growth as its set at 1" only with no additional hem folder thicknesses or nozzle sizes.

It is great to hear your interest in the T2 Extreme! We have been in the hot air welding business for over 45 years now, with our machines in over 100 countries and continuously striving to create the best customer service experience possible. We would love for you to send in some sample materials so we can show you what the results would look like on a Miller Weldmaster! Contact Sales@weldmaster.com or 330-833-6739 for information on additional hem guides we have available and how this can grow your business.

kspuhler

Miller Weldmaster
Hot air doesn't seem to work. We had the T300 and found that on two sides of each banner it would ripple. The other two hems would be flat. We ended up sending it back after they told us this was normal.

Hello Nate,
Miller Weldmaster would like to apologize for your negative experience with the machine, but happy that our team was able to help you with a timely refund. We would love to win back your business if you are ever interested in letting us find the best technique and machine for your application. With over 45 years of experience, we have found that the right combination of heat, speed and pressure can fix those ripples!