• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Miller Weldmaster T300

JD Girdley

I've been in the sign industry 17+ years. We recently bought a Miller weldmaster t300. My training was minimal. I'm having trouble welding fronlit material. I do realize that the factory edge will look better than the cross cut edge after welding a 1" edge. The crosscut edge is always really wavy. Any recommendations? What settings do you use? TIA

nate

I've been in the sign industry 17+ years. We recently bought a Miller weldmaster t300. My training was minimal. I'm having trouble welding fronlit material. I do realize that the factory edge will look better than the cross cut edge after welding a 1" edge. The crosscut edge is always really wavy. Any recommendations? What settings do you use? TIA
This is the reason we sent ours back.

printhog

Folded edge as in a hem? Hot air or wedge is not the best method for that. Will create puckers. Too much fabric in motion for the dwell to set properly. Perfectly flat heat sealed hems are done on bar sealers, either RF or hot strip. Strip version is out there, fairly cheap. By far RF is fastest with a shuttle. More $. (Over $50k used) needs more shop space. But very very nice result. Scott at SPbrokerage.com for options.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JD Girdley

We had a Fiab RF welder with a 53' table. We bought the weldmaster in an attempt to speed up the process. We frequently get jobs in that range from 1-100, 2'x3' banner. It has sped up the process but the finished product looks like crap in my opinion.

dypinc

The sinclar with the wedge works pretty well, but it does take some time to learn to make good looking hems.