Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milwaukee cordless heat gun

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by bigben, Sep 19, 2017.

1. bigben

bigben Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I just saw this on the web. A milwaukee cordless heat gun. I always wondering if there was a good cordless heat gun on the market. I have to say it would be a good thing to have one, but I'm wondering if it would be good for my kind of job. I don't really do wrap. I mostly use them to shrink vinyl a bit or to help when removing vinyl.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Looks kinda nice.

Did ya see Craftsman came out with a complete set of cordless screwdrivers ?? craftsman cordless.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 2
  3. SellersSign&Design

SellersSign&Design Active Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Harrisburg, NC
    Milwaukee's cordless tools are nice. I think I'm going to order one. I normally need a heat gun for short bursts, and there are a lot of times I'm not near an outlet. Just another specialty tool that's great for some jobs and not for others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Been looking at this for a while and can't wait until it comes to Europe in ten years or so... :confused: Actually asked the Milwaukee rep about it a week ago and he hadn't a clue. Would be great for short bursts when you're on the field. Wonder what the price would be?
    German made Steinel has one but that's really expensive.

5. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    On the Home Depot US web site, it's 119$US for the bare tool. Not too bad. With a XC5.0 battery it has power for 20min. It would be good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Cool! The Steinel was around 600-700 bucks last I checked so that's a bit steep. The Milwaukee sounds like a really good price! Will definately try to get one.

7. bigben

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    Hey, I just wanted to make a follow up on this. So I've bought the cordless heat gun just before christmas. So far, I really like it for our murals and frosted vinyl install. Yes the heat take a bit longer to go up and the fan could be more powerful, but at 150$ it's a great tool to have. It drain the battery very fast also.

8. Moze

Moze Premium Subscriber

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    It's a great tool. Hopefully DeWalt releases one soon...

9. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Accept no imitations... this is the real deal original portable heat gun!
    * Operates for hours without a charge.
    * Accepts three different fuels.
    * Never needs Electricity.
    * Variable temps at various distances.
    * Light weight and compact.
    * Inexpensive.
    ** You can even cook with it!

Step up to the flame like a 'Real Man' with the "Bernzomatic TS4000

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jester1167

Jester1167 Very Active Member

Even better yet Bernzomatic TS8000 [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    ...OVERKILL! We're dealing with Vinyl and the likes here, not performing some form of repair or retrofit surgery on ones habitat piping. Keep It Stupid Simple.

12. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    I=E/R spells JOKE when dealing with battery powered heat guns. Unless this thing has a battery the size of Nebraska or you're try to bring something up to room temperature for a couple of minutes it's doubtful that gratification will be achieved with this thing. Especially if you're removing vinyl where the notion of 'heat for just a couple of minutes' is mostly nonsense. Battery technology has improved by leaps and bounds but the laws of physics, especially Ohm's law in this case, are immutable.

13. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Shouldn't be to hard to rig up a parasitic capacitive coupling cable for free unlimited cordless battery recharges.

on_the_road.jpg

14. Jester1167

Jester1167 Very Active Member

The 8000 isn't really any hotter. It has a wider flame at the same temperature which equals more BTU's. Keep it moving just like the 4000 and your golden. It is all I use anymore.