• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Milwaukee cordless heat gun

bigben

I just saw this on the web. A milwaukee cordless heat gun. I always wondering if there was a good cordless heat gun on the market. I have to say it would be a good thing to have one, but I'm wondering if it would be good for my kind of job. I don't really do wrap. I mostly use them to shrink vinyl a bit or to help when removing vinyl.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks kinda nice.

Did ya see Craftsman came out with a complete set of cordless screwdrivers ??
craftsman cordless.jpg

Milwaukee's cordless tools are nice. I think I'm going to order one. I normally need a heat gun for short bursts, and there are a lot of times I'm not near an outlet. Just another specialty tool that's great for some jobs and not for others.

kanini

Been looking at this for a while and can't wait until it comes to Europe in ten years or so... :confused: Actually asked the Milwaukee rep about it a week ago and he hadn't a clue. Would be great for short bursts when you're on the field. Wonder what the price would be?
German made Steinel has one but that's really expensive.

kanini

Cool! The Steinel was around 600-700 bucks last I checked so that's a bit steep. The Milwaukee sounds like a really good price! Will definately try to get one.

bigben

Hey, I just wanted to make a follow up on this. So I've bought the cordless heat gun just before christmas. So far, I really like it for our murals and frosted vinyl install. Yes the heat take a bit longer to go up and the fan could be more powerful, but at 150$ it's a great tool to have. It drain the battery very fast also.

SignosaurusRex

Accept no imitations... this is the real deal original portable heat gun!
* Operates for hours without a charge.
* Accepts three different fuels.
* Never needs Electricity.
* Variable temps at various distances.
* Light weight and compact.
* Inexpensive.
** You can even cook with it!

Step up to the flame like a 'Real Man' with the "Bernzomatic TS4000

Attachments

• tourch-bernzomatic-TS4000.jpg
    tourch-bernzomatic-TS4000.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 140

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Accept no imitations... this is the real deal original portable heat gun!
* Operates for hours without a charge.
* Accepts three different fuels.
* Never needs Electricity.
* Variable temps at various distances.
* Light weight and compact.
* Inexpensive.
** You can even cook with it!

Step up to the flame like a 'Real Man' with the "Bernzomatic TS4000

Even better yet Bernzomatic TS8000
bernzomatic2.jpg

SignosaurusRex

...OVERKILL! We're dealing with Vinyl and the likes here, not performing some form of repair or retrofit surgery on ones habitat piping. Keep It Stupid Simple.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I=E/R spells JOKE when dealing with battery powered heat guns. Unless this thing has a battery the size of Nebraska or you're try to bring something up to room temperature for a couple of minutes it's doubtful that gratification will be achieved with this thing. Especially if you're removing vinyl where the notion of 'heat for just a couple of minutes' is mostly nonsense. Battery technology has improved by leaps and bounds but the laws of physics, especially Ohm's law in this case, are immutable.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I=E/R spells JOKE when dealing with battery powered heat guns. Unless this thing has a battery the size of Nebraska or you're try to bring something up to room temperature for a couple of minutes it's doubtful that gratification will be achieved with this thing. Especially if you're removing vinyl where the notion of 'heat for just a couple of minutes' is mostly nonsense. Battery technology has improved by leaps and bounds but the laws of physics, especially Ohm's law in this case, are immutable.
Shouldn't be to hard to rig up a parasitic capacitive coupling cable for free unlimited cordless battery recharges.

on_the_road.jpg

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The 8000 isn't really any hotter. It has a wider flame at the same temperature which equals more BTU's. Keep it moving just like the 4000 and your golden. It is all I use anymore.