• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Banding and yellow.

starprint

Please can you help We have a mimaki jv33-160 solvent printer. Has been running really well but recently realised when ink is running low or is empty does not detect this. We have to changeover ink when it is at 2 percent So in the long run a lot of ink wastage
Secondly our test draw is missing a lot of nozzles especially on yellow. Please see picture. We have done nozzle washes. Filled ink changed the yellow to the next slot. We have done hard clean and still to no avail.
Please can you help as to what could solve this issue.

Many thanks
IMG-20180608-WA0068.jpg
IMG-20180608-WA0065.jpg
IMG-20180608-WA0068.jpg
IMG-20180608-WA0067.jpg
IMG-20180608-WA0067.jpg

AKwrapguy

If you ran the lines dry, it could be air in the line, dampener issue, capping station issue, or a pump issue. If you have checked them all you might want to look at the print head, it might have dried up on you. You can look at soaking it in cleaner for a little while and than doing some strong test cleaning but you will go through some ink so be prepared for that.

If the machine is no longer in warranty you might want to look at an aftermarket bulk ink setup.

starprint

If you ran the lines dry, it could be air in the line, dampener issue, capping station issue, or a pump issue. If you have checked them all you might want to look at the print head, it might have dried up on you. You can look at soaking it in cleaner for a little while and than doing some strong test cleaning but you will go through some ink so be prepared for that.

If the machine is no longer in warranty you might want to look at an aftermarket bulk ink setup.

Can you please go through how I can do this. It would mean a lot.

I use 50ml syringes to draw ink from 'empty' cartridges and push it into the new one. My machine leaves about 30-40ml in the cartridge. If you try it be sure to make the cartridge mouth look down otherwise you can poke a hole on the bag when inserting the needle. I also make sure not to insert any air in the cartridge. And it doesn't hurt to use new syringes every time as they're dirt cheap.