• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CG-130 FX

I recently bought a Mimaki CG-130 FX plotter from a friend for a good price and figured it would be a good extra plotter. He's switched directions in his business (installations only) and no longer needed the plotter. At the time it was in service his employees were the ones operating the plotter so he doesn't know much about it and he is a one man shop now. I've really tried reading the manual but it's a bit confusing so I'm hoping I can get a few pointers from those of you that use one of these.
To start off, I design in Corel 2017 and use FineCut 8 to generate the registration marks and plot. This plotter is at my house and not set up with my other equipment. I'm using a Mutoh VJ 1204 to print with and have Wasatch 7.
I have no problems getting regular plotted vinyl to cut and the plotter is cutting nicely. My issues are when I go to contour cut I get a Error 36 Mark Detect. I was originally using Type 1 registration marks with no luck then switched to type 2..... the first one got detected but when it went to read the second I got a Error Mark Detect with the B flashing and (1-3) = 476.7.
The actual print is only 18" across on 24" media and about 15" long. My mark size is .5" with a stroke of .04" and there is at least 2" border for the pinch rollers.
I attached pic below of where I have the pointer started in TP1 mode, what the display is reading after the second mark scan and a pic of my setting for the marks.
I printed my cut lines around the decals just for reference to see if it was contour cutting true (in case I got it to read the marks.
I also have mark detect turned on in Finecut.
Any advice appreciated...Thanks in advance.

pointer.jpg display.jpg settings.jpg

ChicagoGraphics

Try moving your sensor closer to the corner of the mark, I use to get that sometimes on my 160 fx, make sure you have enough material in the back to, if that doesnt work, turn the cutter off and try again.

DrunknMonk

it may not be in line, try running the media out to check alignment (front to back), also you can tell the cutter (finecut i think) only to read 3 or 2 marks as well, maybe post a video of whats happening

it may not be in line, try running the media out to check alignment (front to back), also you can tell the cutter (finecut i think) only to read 3 or 2 marks as well, maybe post a video of whats happening

Thanks, I did that too. It's a very small sheet. Do my settings in the images appear correct?

DrunknMonk

yes they look correct, we got that error, either the pinch rollers were to close to the marks or it was out of alignment, alignment can out left to right and front to back, also is there enough media on the back edge maybe about 6" if these are all ok and the media is white ? just checking out fine again not used it for 12 months, its the plotter that looks for the marks, before finecut needs them, are the print marks specs the same as what the plotter is set for ? ie same size / thickness ? also try to read just the 2 front marks, then a third then all.