• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130 FXII is not responding to computer

NickWeeks

Hi,
I am using a Mimaki CG-130FXII connected via usb to a windows 7 (64bit) PC running Adobe Illustrator CS6 and the latest version of Fine Cut (version 8.4.1).

After updating the Fine Cut Software I have been having communication issues between the computer and plotter.

I am receiving the error message "No response from the plotter, Check and make sure the plotter is in remote mode"

The plotter is in remote mode when I receive this message. I have run connection test and this also produces the error message.

If the plotter is restarted (turned off and back on) it will connect to the computer for one job, after that job is completed I begin to receive the error message. If the machine is restarted again it will work for one job and so on.

Before the Fine Cut update I had no issue running this machine. All that was changed was was the version of Fine Cut.

I Experienced the same issue with the plotter connected to a MAC running OS 10.8 / Illustrator CS5 / Fine Cut 8.4.1

I have not been able to find any Firmware updates for this plotter online, I am thinking outdated firmware could be the issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Nick

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Re-install the driver. Here is a link to the latest one.

It could be the firmware as the CJV30s had an issue with communication after the FineCut update that required a firmware upgrade. It looks like the latest version is 3.02 for your model. What version do you have?

NickWeeks

I updated the Driver to version 3.4, is this the correct version or should i have updated using the "1.5 Mimaki printer" driver? I am using the plotter for cutting only.

I can't find the info on the current firmware version. where can this be found?

Thank you for your help!

xl-tx

I am having a similar issue with a cg-fx-1 130.
The plotter gives the sheet size in fine cut but wont send the cut info to plotter.
Says to check if plotter is in remote mode and check communication is set right.
Windows 7 64 bit, illustrator cs6, (32 and 64 bit) latest fine cut version and the 1.5 printer driver and 3.4 mimaki driver

NickWeeks

That sounds like a very similar issue, I hope we can find a solution! Can anyone tell me how to check the firmware on the machine and where to get firmware updates? Ive looked all over the Mimaki website and can't find anything.

ATTTR

Just throwing this out there because I had the same problem a while back... but check your port. When I updated, it threw my port off for some reason. (Yes, I use serial.)
port.PNG

NickWeeks

Thanks for the input. That happened to me as well when I updated, but it was also one of the first things I checked and was set back to USB. When checking the port it lists CG FX - 00 in the drop down to the right of USB but when the machine is set to remote mode and the connection test is run it comes back with no response from the plotter...

xl-tx

Whats the difference in the 1.5 driver and the 3.4 driver?

Do I need to install the 1.5 first and then 3.4? or just get the 3.4 driver?

I seem to be having a driver issue.

And how does one go about checking firmware on the plotter?

ATTTR

Ya, know, I've had great success talking to Mimaki techs. At this point, I'd just call their number and ask for technical support. I usually talk to Richard and he's been incredibly helpful. I have the same model plotter and they still help me even though it's 8 years old.

Good luck!

NickWeeks

I talked to Mimaki tech support and the issue was the command setting in the plotters set up menu.

It was set to Auto and needed to be changed to MGL-IIc

Thanks for the help everyone!

wakeshredder

I talked to Mimaki tech support and the issue was the command setting in the plotters set up menu.

It was set to Auto and needed to be changed to MGL-IIc

Thanks for the help everyone!

Mo have the exact same problem. Same cutter. I tried your solution but it still has the same error. Can you tell me who you caled? Did you have to change anything else? Any help greatly appreciated.

Rui Cancio

I am having a similar issue with a cg-fx-1 130.
The plotter gives the sheet size in fine cut but wont send the cut info to plotter.
Says to check if plotter is in remote mode and check communication is set right.
Windows 7 64 bit, illustrator cs6, (32 and 64 bit) latest fine cut version and the 1.5 printer driver and 3.4 mimaki driver
Hi, Iknow it's a really old post but it only happened to me now. Do you by any chance remember how you solved this? Thanks