• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130FX II plotter not cutting accurately

JacobLeon

Hello All,

I keep running into he same problem every day. I print on a Mimaki JV33-130 and plot on a Mimaki CG-130FX II. I use the program Wasatch to deal with all printing and plotting.
The problem i'm running into is when plotting it will not stay on the accurate cutpath, but it will act as if the cutpath itself has shifted.
Today, the shifting is perfectly uniform. If I were to hang the sheet on a wall (to give you a perspective) the skewing gets progressively worse as it gets to the bottom right corner.
For example, If I print a black circle and plot the same circle it'll be perfect at the start of the plotting, but on the last one, the plotter would have cut into the decal shifting down and to the right and actually cut into the white space around it making it look awful.
The plotter is regestering the marks correctly, and i'm following directions from my boss when it comes to starting the sheet (lining it up perfectly on one of the edges of the plotter to ensure straightness).
I don't know what exactly is going on with the plotter and if I could fix it my boss would be extremely happy.
Feel free to respond here, or email me @ jacobrleon@gmail.com.

Thanks again,
Jacob

DirtyD

check to make sure the firmware on the Mimaki is upto date with the version of Wasatch that you are using.

Also make sure that the size of your Registration marks are what your plotter thinks it is reading.. If your printed 20mm marks have your cutter set to 20mm marks

JacobLeon

We have not.

Boss thinks it's not the program. We make the image in CorelDraw, and then export as eps and print from Wasatch.

DirtyD

I'm not sure how to check the firmware. Can you briefly explain it to me?

When you turn the machine on it will tell you the current firmware.. I had an issue (i was using finecut) but the version of Corel - finecut - firmware were not in sync and my contour cuts would start good then start getting off more and more..

Also try getting/installing finecut plugin for Corel you can create your Reg. marks in there then print everything from wasatch - then when its time to cut you can actually edit the cut lines and cut anywhere.. so if you notice its off to the left you can cancel..move your cutline to the left alittle and rescan the marks and cut again..

that works when your cutting decals and the cut is off centered a little and is noticeable by an outline or something or if you forgot to put a cutline on something you can add it and cut it without having to re-rip and print.. its really nice to have.

And you can always contact Mimaki Tech Support - they are the ones who helped me..never charged me anything either fixed it over the phone but my cutter was /is under warranty

JacobLeon

Are pinch and grit rollers of the pltter perfectly clean?

Try cutting with fine cut

I've started cleaning pinch/grit rollers regularly.

In response to DirtyD,

That sounds like a good plan to me. Will definitely try and do that on my next print job.

Do you know of any good FineCut 8 tutorials? I'm new to it, but I think it may work better than Wasatch

JacobLeon

No i don't, its pretty easy tho.. you can ask me any questions you have on it though

Printed 32 5.5inch decals. They all came out perfect!

A couple of questions. How do I set up cutting start and stop points? and what exactly is this stroke weight thing?
Also. We laminate our sheets to make them last longer. Anything I need to watch out with that? Like any settings I would need to change or anything?

DirtyD

Ha go figure.. I don't and have never used start and stop, and the stroke weight is I believe when you have a stroke it will cut the outside of the stroke instead of the center of..

and laminate just a little more pressure is needed - always do test cuts

JacobLeon

Ha go figure.. I don't and have never used start and stop, and the stroke weight is I believe when you have a stroke it will cut the outside of the stroke instead of the center of..

and laminate just a little more pressure is needed - always do test cuts

check comment above

JacobLeon

So, we're now running a job in finecut, that we were running through wasatch. The files are coming out a little better. We're doing 6 rows of 17 and the first 5 decals of each row are good, then the middle few skew downwards in a noticeable fashion, and then it clears up at the end of the row.
Could anyone know what could be the cause of that? We are running a laminated sheet and the total file size being put into fine cut is 48 x 17.224 taking into consideration marks. I have no idea what could be the problem.

Please help!!!!!!

JacobLeon

Another Question.
We set up the sheet on the plotter. Straighten up and then select the marks. We hit remote and then go to CorelDraw. In Corel when we pull up the Plot screen in finecut the "Size" option doesn't match what our plotter is saying when it asks us to confirm the A and B settings.
Is that a problem?

just

Another Question.
We set up the sheet on the plotter. Straighten up and then select the marks. We hit remote and then go to CorelDraw. In Corel when we pull up the Plot screen in finecut the "Size" option doesn't match what our plotter is saying when it asks us to confirm the A and B settings.
Is that a problem?
Yes,Sir! You must swith off distance check in FXII menu if you want to use FineCut's distance correction

Attachments

• Dist.Revi_Mimaki CG FXII.jpg
    Dist.Revi_Mimaki CG FXII.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 617

DirtyD

How do you do test cuts?

It would be by pushing a couple buttons on the plotter...I have a CG Sr3 I after setting origin tap setup the screen then shows test cut I then press enter..

Do you not a have a manual? Or just too lazy to read? I'm sure you can find one online pretty easy.. As for your other problem your middle clamp might be down to tight I always have the outside 2 down with more pressure and the middle with less clamp pressure

JacobLeon

I read it, just didn't see anything about test cutting.

Trying all those fixes now. Will share results. Thanks guys