• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CG-130FX Not Cutting Right

ktwigger

Please help! It's entirely possible my job is on the line here...

Been working at this place for two years and never had an issue, now all of a sudden something has changed that is not my fault, but I can tell my boss thinks I'm sabotaging...

Mimaki CG-130FX plotter, using crop marks for die cut. Using FineCut 8 which everyone says is supposed to work great with the Mimakis, saving the print files in EPS from Illustrator, printing with a Mimaki JV3-130SPII. Don't you guys love my ancient machinery here?

Print file is PERFECT. Cut layer lines up PERFECT. Size and measurements of print is PERFECT. Detects marks PERFECT. Cut is COMPLETELY OFF. My mind SLIPPING.

I've changed some settings, found one earlier that changing from the roll mode to leaf mode should make it work correctly. Worked for one cut and is now back to its old shenanigans. I've cleaned the rollers, I've looked at all the settings I can think of, I've updated the driver.....

I just don't know anymore. Please help me before I go insane.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's easy to put the print in the cutter backwards with Mimaki's since they don't have a mark designating which crop mark is the first one. Make sure you are loading the print into the cutter in the same orientation that it came out of the printer. Also, in Finecut make sure the sizing is not set to anything other than 100%. Sometimes you will accidentally change it and it stays that way for every job until you change it back. Post a picture of how far off it is.

P.S. If your employer sees a machine malfunction and automatically thinks it's because you broke it on purpose, you might want to find another place to work.

ktwigger

It's easy to put the print in the cutter backwards with Mimaki's since they don't have a mark designating which crop mark is the first one. Make sure you are loading the print into the cutter in the same orientation that it came out of the printer. Also, in Finecut make sure the sizing is not set to anything other than 100%. Sometimes you will accidentally change it and it stays that way for every job until you change it back. Post a picture of how far off it is.

P.S. If your employer sees a machine malfunction and automatically thinks it's because you broke it on purpose, you might want to find another place to work.
AGREED! I am looking for a remote job actually, but so far no dice. But I can't get fired, not yet anyways LOL.

I have had slight issues before with putting the print in backwards, learned very quickly that you should just change it from the settings instead of trying to flip it in Illustrator. This is definitely not the issue now though, the print is the same orientation and is still way off, probably almost 1/4". The sizing in Finecut is also at 100%, as far as I can tell, unless I am missing some super secret setting, which is entirely possible. I will look at the settings again.

Thanks for the response!

papabud

Lone Wolf
ok take a deep breath.
have you tried setting up a new fresh job as a test job
watch every move the cutter makes. is it moving smoothly or slowing down at the wrong time.
is it only off in one direction or all directions.
watch it read each crop mark. is it reading them correctly is the sensor clean.
is the blade in good shape in the machine correctly is it set to the correct pressure.
are your pinch rollers set with the proper pressure. is it letting the material slip. is the material hitting anything causing it to drag.

this is the short list i go through when an odd problem happens.

tjwilton

Is your knife in the right slot? I believe there are two positions - one for kiss cut the second for cutting the backing paper