• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130SRII Sloppy cuts

petesign

I'm running into an issue with my Mimaki cutter. Even the square cuts are kind of sloppy. The corners aren't precise... when cutting big items, its not so much of an issue, but smaller fonts or really thin stroked fonts, it wont even complete the cut, or it will leave a weird corner. I've replaced the pen rubber, the blade, made sure the pen holder was tight... but its almost as if it's loose. I cant decide if the media is slipping, or if the carriage is moving around. I just cut some 30" x 60" numbers, and it worked perfect... so that seems to tell me its the carriage or head moving around?

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

petesign

bump? Sorry, I hated to do this, but original post was late last night, and still can't figure it out. Now when it cuts on cast cut vinyl it makes a perforated line when it cuts straight along the cutters axis (the x-axis?) anything curved or running along the vinyl (not width, but feed or length) cuts fine. Square cuts are still really sloppy.

signage

A thin oil like sewing machine oil. There is a small bearing in the bottom of the holder that allows the blade to rotate.

petesign

Figured it out. I ordered a new cutting strip and new blades. First I was using the half cut cutting strip with the new blade, and figured it was causing a little sloppiness. Then went to the new pen rubber. It was a little better. The old blades were so worn out, it wasnt cutting right at all, so I thought I was on the right track. A person i talked to suggested some 60 degree blades... and let me tell you, those were the problem. They dont cut thin vinyl well at ALL. They dont rotate, and cause dashed line cuts, sloppy corners, etc. Swapped to a new 30 degree mimaki blade and its like new again.