• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG- 160 FX Cutter Blade not engaging or lowering down to material

Gerald Printing

Gerald Printing
My cutter stopped working in the middle of a job. It has never done this before. It still does the program sent to cut the job but the blade is not actually touching the material anymore. The blade does not lower down to cut the sheet so is cutting the program while it is hovering over the sheet. It did make a few weird noises before it did this and it seemed to be stuck and trying to lower down for awhile but not it does not even try to lower the blade down when sending a job or using the Square Cut feature.

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
That sounds to me like your solenoid is dead. You might be able to check from the solenoid all the way back to the board to check for a break in the wire. I doubt it though.

Are you capable of using a multimeter to diagnose the problem?

Gerald Printing

Gerald Printing
That sounds to me like your solenoid is dead. You might be able to check from the solenoid all the way back to the board to check for a break in the wire. I doubt it though.

Are you capable of using a multimeter to diagnose the problem?
it was the solenoid! we ended up having to get the entire Pen Assembly ($800) and a tech to install it.