• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-160 FX issues

Zambookajoe

I have a 10 year old cg-fx 160 with an intermittent issue, sometimes the issue will not show itself for a week or even a month and then boom, error reboots in the middle of a cut, it will show up when jogging the machine, it will show up while reading a crop mark, and when the error shows up it can ruin a lot of vinyl and last for days, and suddenly it will start to work good for days and even weeks, it will spit out error codes for a split second and shut down, it spits out a lot of different codes a lot of them have no relations between themselves. Mimaki techs from my local supplier have no idea, they say these cutters never have issues, I already ordered a new cutter but wont get it for another month

I think its the power supply and the only thing why I think that is I hear the fans slowing down a tad just before it crashes, any ideas?