• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-160FX

Need some help. When reading crop marks through Finecut, it will read the first 2 crop marks just fine, but when it comes to reading the 3rd crop mark thats more than 36" across, it will not read for whatever reason. Pinch rollers are all correct. Any advice would be appreciated!

MikePro

need like a 1" margin between pinch rollers and crop marks. also, make sure the plotter has the correct crop mark setting that matches what your printer outputs.

if I am understanding correctly, it will correctly scan print&cut files that are less than 36"? is that the size of your plotter?
there could be the limitations of your firmware/driver in play. my 48" CG160FX can fit 54" material, but I cannot scan a 48" print&cut file nor can i output regular plotter files greater than 48".... buuut if I max-out my print&cuts at 46.5", it puts my crop marks in at just under 48" and works just fine.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you using the recommended crop mark size? When you create the crop marks it will have a suggested size. The longer the print the bigger you want the crop marks. If they are too small the eye can miss them.

need like a 1" margin between pinch rollers and crop marks. also, make sure the plotter has the correct crop mark setting that matches what your printer outputs.

if I am understanding correctly, it will correctly scan print&cut files that are less than 36"? is that the size of your plotter?
there could be the limitations of your firmware/driver in play. my 48" CG160FX can fit 54" material, but I cannot scan a 48" print&cut file nor can i output regular plotter files greater than 48".... buuut if I max-out my print&cuts at 46.5", it puts my crop marks in at just under 48" and works just fine.
The plotter we have can fit up to 60" material. We just moved into a new shop last week and had firmware updated on it. Before we moved I was easily able to cut up to 54" without issue. I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue. Thanks for the response!

Are you using the recommended crop mark size? When you create the crop marks it will have a suggested size. The longer the print the bigger you want the crop marks. If they are too small the eye can miss them.
I'm using the recommended mark sizes, yes. Thanks for the response!